Sign in to follow this  
ramigrafx

Registry Keys Are Missing

Question

Downloaded the new version of NXTJust installed it after using NXT and creator for years before with no problems. Now when I put a disc in the optical drive I get a message that registry keys are missing and to go to add/remove programs and select repair. Did that but the repair stops because it cannot find file RCPROD.msi. What is the problem anyone please?

5 answers to this question

Ramgrafix,

RCPROD.msi lives in the ROXIOCENTRAL_90 folder in the compressed installation file Creator NXT Pro 3.exe.

One thing you could do is use a utility such as 7-Zip to unpack that compressed executable to your hard drive, and run the SETUP.EXE that gets extracted. Select Repair there, and if Repair can't find RCPROD.msi you can point it to the right folder in your uncompressed files.

Another thing would be to completely uninstall, and then reinstall Creator NXT 3. This might be simpler for you, but remember that you only get 10 installs on your CD key. A reinstall uses up one of those, whereas I've heard that a Repair doesn't.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon and Ramgrafix -

Just this morning downloaded Roxio NXT 3 and installed same. (I've been using Roxio Easy Creators for year and finally got around to this one!)

I produced a slide show - went nicely, it seemed - Previews worked well. Burned disc - liked that it showed errors before burning. Corrected same,

and burned disc. Reinserted disc to see the final results. Error popped up: Missing that same RCProd.msi. Nice to know it is somewhere available,

but I don't have NXT Pro 3. Is there an equivalent folder in NST3 where RCProd.msi lives?

Suggestions?

Best - Lee McL

Lee,

What are the names of the installer files you downloaded? [i trust you've safely backed them up somewhere]

One of them should be similar to "NXT 3.exe", and that will be the one which has the RoxioCentral_90 folder with RCProd.msi.

Did you get that popup because you started a repair, or did the software start a repair by itself?

Please be aware that having your antivirus running during an install is one of the most common reasons for installs going bad.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon - I downloaded two files: CreatorNXT3_Setup.exe and CreatorNTX3_Content. exe. - and yes, I have

the original downloaded files safely saved separately. I went back and ran "Repair" in each, no change. The

missing RCProd.msi is still missing. I have WinZip latest version, but this won't open a self-extracting ZIP file!

The pop-up, by the way, showing the absence of the missing RCProd.msi, comes up only when I try to view the

slide show disc I made using Roxio NTX3.

I'll do it again, running the two files from my storage disc, but this time with my Norton Anti-virus disabled.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Lee

Lee,

I use the free utility 7-Zip from here. [get it from the manufacturer's site so you don't get ad-ware and such garbage]

It's small and quick, and with a right-click on your Roxio installer exe you can run 7-Zip and using 'Open Archive' you can see what's in the .exe and then extract it into a folder on your drive. You should see something similar, but not identical to this:

post-208-0-62565900-1444860686_thumb.jpg

You should see your RCPROD in the RoxioCentral_90 subfolder. Check for it.

post-208-0-96665200-1444860788_thumb.jpg

If you keep the folder with the extracted installer files and then something demands RCPROD.msi, you can steer it to where that file is.

And remember, if all else fails, an uninstall using the Revo uninstaller in moderate mode, followed by a reinstall will usually work.

Regards,

Brendon