Saipher

Toast 14 Titanium Error When Creating Dvd-Video With Drm Free Mp4 From Itunes

Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered but since I couldn't find the answer to this specific situation anywhere, I decided to create a new post. I own quite a few movies on iTunes and I would like to burn a DVD or Blue-Ray disk in order to watch them on my Blue-Ray player. Yes, I know I can access my movie library through Apple TV, or just connect my computer to the television, but that is not the point. Especially if such things are not available in lets say, a cabin. I just want to burn a disc, put it in a player, and enjoy the movie. Here is what I did:

I downloaded the movie from iTunes. Once in my computer, I used TunesKit For Mac (which btw is awesome!) to remove the DRM rights from the .mp4 file. Then I tried using Toast 14 Titanium to create a DVD-Video. It did not work. It gave the error message "XYZ.mp4 is in an unsupported format and cannot be imported". After doing some research, I read that Toast supposedly only supports .mpeg-2 files. Idk if that's correct. I tried to convert the file using Toast as well only to receive the same message. What am I missing? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard...

Here is my system info:

- OS X Yosemite Ver. 10.10.5

- Toast 14 Titanium Ver. 14.0

- TunesKit for Mac Ver. 2.8.0

- Optical Drive: MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ267AM

Movie file Info:

- Kind: MPEG-4 movie

- Size: 2.9GB on disk

- Dimensions: 1916 x 1076

- Codecs: AAC, H.264, AC3, CEA 608

- Color profile: HD (1-1-1)

- Duration: 01:10:22

- Audio channels: 2

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by Saipher

9 answers to this question

I suggest that you trash Toast plist and prefs to re-install the components of the program. You may try to trash Toast plist, prefs and the main program and re-install Toast.

1. Quit the Toast.app.

2. In Finder, click the pulldown GO menu and click GO TO FOLDER (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+G).

3. In the Go To Folder window, type (or paste) in: ~/Library/Preferences.

4. Locate the "com.roxio.toast.plist" and Roxio pref file and delete or move to the Trash.

5. Close the window and launch Toast Titanium installer.

6. Proceed through the Setup Assistant as normal.

Download Perian on www.perian.org then reboot.

Try to import your MP4 or Mpeg2 and see if it works.

I suggest that you trash Toast plist and prefs to re-install the components of the program. You may try to trash Toast plist, prefs and the main program and re-install Toast.

1. Quit the Toast.app.

2. In Finder, click the pulldown GO menu and click GO TO FOLDER (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+G).

3. In the Go To Folder window, type (or paste) in: ~/Library/Preferences.

4. Locate the "com.roxio.toast.plist" and Roxio pref file and delete or move to the Trash.

5. Close the window and launch Toast Titanium installer.

6. Proceed through the Setup Assistant as normal.

Download Perian on www.perian.org then reboot.

Try to import your MP4 or Mpeg2 and see if it works.

UPDATE: OS X El Capitan Ver. 10.11 installed.

Thank you for your help. I tried your suggestion without luck. I deleted the "com.roxio.toast.plist" file, re-installed Toast, and downloaded/installed Perian, and I'm still getting the same message for both Video -> DVD-Video and Convert -> Video Files tabs whenever importing the .mp4 file into Toast. Is there a way to get a log file? Maybe that would help understanding what is going wrong.

I am also a raw newbie and still don't have all my Roxio set up. Very difficult, no printable tutorials, no key no code no license! Anyway I dragged my imovie

over to toast , It said it would not take the file. I went to convert red button on right and it is now exporting which will take around 45 min for a 27 min blu ray

burnable. I have to make sure it does not go to sleep as well so need to figure out how to disable that on mac before I do this again.

You may consider reconverting your video file into different format. Try freemake.

Isn't Freemake a Windows OS only software? Is there an equivalent for Mac?

Thanks Rox-Ralf for the recommendation. This is a great software with lots of conversion options! I was able to convert the original H.264/MPEG-4 output file from TunesKit to just a regular MPEG-4 file, then burn it to a DVD-Video using Toast 14. It worked like a charm, and the video/sound qualities turned out amazing too! I upgraded to their Mac Total Media Converter Platinum software since it is able to handle HD quality conversion. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Thanks again!

Edited by Saipher