mjisbatman

Videowave Preview Hangs, Audio Continues On Export

Question

Platform: Roxio Game Capture, running on a HP 255 (64 bit-Quad core, 1.5Ghz, 4GB RAM with Radeon HD Graphics).

Issue: Playing video about 2 minutes into the video, the video pauses and the audio continues. On Export (since upload to YouTube has never worked), preview will do the same, but will finish with no errors. On exported video file playback, the video plays until the same spot the video hung on preview, while the audio continues.

Steps taken thus far:

• Switched render from hardware to software
  • Completed a repairof the software installation
  • Installed the patch - was hoping it would also fix the YouTube issue (it did not)

We have had the software for well over a year, with no issues whatsoever. About 2 months ago, my son discovered the issue. I hoped that upgrading to Windows 10 might help resolve the issue - but it has not. I browsed through this forum to see if anyone else had the issue, with only a few others reporting it. Their resolutions do not apply to this situation, so hoping someone else can suggest other possible solutions.

7 answers to this question

One thing that stands out is that your CPU is below spec. You have a 1.5GHz and minimum is 1.8GHz for Intel or 2.0GHz if you use an AMD.

Of course you said you have used it for a year+ without issue...

So that brings us to Spec No. 2 - 10 GB of Free Space on your HDD. AND that free space also must be defragged. When capture information comes in from the USB, it is relentless! There is no pause, no waits, it must be put to file storage immediately. It cannot do that if the HDD has to go off looking for a sector or two to put in this piece and another for that one... Note that this is BOTH, not just a mater of meeting one of them.

Another possibility is HEAT. The RGC Device must be in the open where air can circulate. Placing it in the exhaust stream of your PC is akin to a convection oven. Check its' location and if possible place a small fan blowing on it as a test for this.

YouTube: I don't think it works for everyone... I do know it is initially only 20 GB or 15 minutes. That can be increased to 128 GB or 11 hours but low res is needed for that much time. I would be asking YouTube about it as I believe the issue is on their end.

There are some ideas, try them out and let us know ;)

Thanks for the input Guru,

Let me provide a few more details in order to help with the feedback:

+ we record directly to the laptop from the RGC device, so no USB unit is used

+ in preview mode, we are able to advance ahead of the stopping point and the video will continue to play from there to the end. Unfortunately, we are not able to advance in Export mode, so the output gets hung.

Since the video will play beyond a stopping point in preview mode, I don't believe there are any issues in capturing the video.

We have over 100 GB available in the hard drive space, so that is not an issue. Your idea about defrag makes total sense, as the capture can easily write over any open hard drive space, however on playback, the reading of those spaces could get interrupted. We will try to defrag the hard drive and see if that helps.

While I don't think we have any issues with capturing the video, will move the RGC device away from any heat source to see if that helps too.

I will respond with results. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Yes you do use USB during capture - it is how you connect the RGC Device to your laptop.

Don't have any idea what you are saying in the second '+' - please rephrase that -_-

How is the Audio if you play the captured file in a different player? Does it stay in sync with the Video?

I accidentally hit the Solved button.

Also been away for a week, so just now getting back to this.

Guru,

Thanks for the clarification of the USB. I forgot that part.

Moving the RGC away from heat did not work, nor did the defrag (this laptop defrags weekly, there was only 1% fragmented when I ran it).

Rephrasing 2nd "+":

When in VideoWave, we load the Production and add the video capture file. If we hit play and let it run, we are able to watch and hear the video. It will get stuck at a given point, while the audio will continue. It is possible to slide the play tracker icon/cursor to a point further in the video timeline. When we move the cursor past the sticking point, the video will resume playing, though the audio is then out of sync.

I have tried saving in different formats and playing with different players and they all do the same thing, stop playing the video at the sticking point while the audio continues.

I would like to try to duplicate this... Couple questions:

What does the Production you load consist of? (roughly)

Where do you put it - what Track?

What is the length (time)?

What track do you put the captured Video on?

What is the length?

We have seen an opposite in VideoWave many years ago. In that case if you tried to put the Scrubber past the end of the window (it should scroll) it would keep going on its' own till the end of recording. That one turned out to be video card issue.

I know it isn't the same but keep in mind the program relies heavily on your video card for processing ;)

Guru,

We are loading one video from the RGC recording into the production. The video is added to track 1. No other media is added, nor any other effects. The original track was 20 minutes, but I was able to trim the file down to 30 seconds and still capture the hang up.

As I investigate and think on this further, it occurs to me that the issue may be at the RGC, perhaps in the connections. Would that make sense?

No that does not make sense, but we are dealing with computers and often thing don't make sense :lol:

Why not try a proper repair again? (have seen this take up to 3 tries sometimes)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See what that does -_-