4 replies to this topic

#1 kjharris

kjharris

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:20 AM

Need some advice.  In EMC 9 when I try to play a DVD( a purchased movie) I get a popup saying that Sonic Cineplayer Decoder Pack is being installed.  It stops at a point and says files are needed that are on a CD-- insert the EMC 9 CD.  When I do this it reads a little, then stops and says "a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file 903e6.msi".  This process repeats itself and apparently the Decoder Pack doesn't install because I can't watch the movie.  Now, if I try to watch the movie using WindowsMediaPlayer11, I get the same popup messages BUT when I click cancel a couple of times, the popups disappear and the movie runs fine.  My questions are:  
1. Why wasn't the decoder pack installed when I installed EMC 9 a couple of months ago--I did a full install of all features.

2.  Why does it attempt to install when I run WindowsMediaPlayer11?  WMP11 doesn't appear to need it--it runs any movie that I put in.

I should add that I never noticed this problem before because I had WMP10 installed.  I also had never tried playing a movie in EMC9 before this but when I started getting those popups I thought I should see if EMC9's movie viewing function was working, and as I saw it wasn't.  Any ideas for me?  Thanks!

Ken

#2 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:27 AM

Was the MPEG codec ever activated?  You should have gotten the registration dialog to register EMC9 and at least one more time to activate the MPEG Codec.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#3 kjharris

kjharris

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:42 AM

View Postggrussell, on Nov 8 2006, 02:27 PM, said:

Was the MPEG codec ever activated?  You should have gotten the registration dialog to register EMC9 and at least one more time to activate the MPEG Codec.

I thought so--after I first installed EMC9 and began using it, I got at least 2 or 3 acitvation popups.  Did what they said--don't remember which modules they were for, but I never tried to use EMC9 to watch a video until a couple of days ago.

#4 kjharris

kjharris

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:50 AM

Problem solved!  I removed EMC 9,  removed all left over references to it in Windows Explorer and the registry and reinstalled.  No more popups about trying to install Cineplayer decoder pack and movies now play using EMC 9 Cineplayer and still play using Windows Media Player 11.  I guess something had gotten corrupted.  Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Ken

#5 turquoise

turquoise

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (kjharris @ Nov 9 2006, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem solved!  I removed EMC 9,  removed all left over references to it in Windows Explorer and the registry and reinstalled.  No more popups about trying to install Cineplayer decoder pack and movies now play using EMC 9 Cineplayer and still play using Windows Media Player 11.  I guess something had gotten corrupted.  Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
Ken

I had the same issue.  I tried removing everything as you did, but now when I try to reinstall, I get an error message:  "The CD key that you entered is not valid. Please re-enter your CD key and try again."
I've tried everything Roxio suggested, and still can't reinstall the program.   sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users