kjharris

Cineplayer decoder pack tries to install

Question

Need some advice. In EMC 9 when I try to play a DVD( a purchased movie) I get a popup saying that Sonic Cineplayer Decoder Pack is being installed. It stops at a point and says files are needed that are on a CD-- insert the EMC 9 CD. When I do this it reads a little, then stops and says "a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file 903e6.msi". This process repeats itself and apparently the Decoder Pack doesn't install because I can't watch the movie. Now, if I try to watch the movie using WindowsMediaPlayer11, I get the same popup messages BUT when I click cancel a couple of times, the popups disappear and the movie runs fine. My questions are:

1. Why wasn't the decoder pack installed when I installed EMC 9 a couple of months ago--I did a full install of all features.

2. Why does it attempt to install when I run WindowsMediaPlayer11? WMP11 doesn't appear to need it--it runs any movie that I put in.

I should add that I never noticed this problem before because I had WMP10 installed. I also had never tried playing a movie in EMC9 before this but when I started getting those popups I thought I should see if EMC9's movie viewing function was working, and as I saw it wasn't. Any ideas for me? Thanks!

Ken

4 answers to this question

Was the MPEG codec ever activated? You should have gotten the registration dialog to register EMC9 and at least one more time to activate the MPEG Codec.

Was the MPEG codec ever activated? You should have gotten the registration dialog to register EMC9 and at least one more time to activate the MPEG Codec.

I thought so--after I first installed EMC9 and began using it, I got at least 2 or 3 acitvation popups. Did what they said--don't remember which modules they were for, but I never tried to use EMC9 to watch a video until a couple of days ago.

Problem solved! I removed EMC 9, removed all left over references to it in Windows Explorer and the registry and reinstalled. No more popups about trying to install Cineplayer decoder pack and movies now play using EMC 9 Cineplayer and still play using Windows Media Player 11. I guess something had gotten corrupted. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Ken

Problem solved! I removed EMC 9, removed all left over references to it in Windows Explorer and the registry and reinstalled. No more popups about trying to install Cineplayer decoder pack and movies now play using EMC 9 Cineplayer and still play using Windows Media Player 11. I guess something had gotten corrupted. Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Ken

I had the same issue. I tried removing everything as you did, but now when I try to reinstall, I get an error message: "The CD key that you entered is not valid. Please re-enter your CD key and try again."

I've tried everything Roxio suggested, and still can't reinstall the program. :(