Sign in to follow this  
crownk9s

Need Help With Roxio Burn -Older Version

Question

I have a version of Roxio Burn that was factory installed, by Dell, when I ordered my desk top. I almost never used it, until now. And now, it will not run. none of the three .exe files will open and run., and I get an errror message saying there is an "incomparable file present".

And, when I went to the website support section, and looked for program updates, naturally, there is none.

I NEED HELP!

Any thoughts, withought haveig to replace Roxio, without having to replace Roxio completely?

1 answer to this question

Crownk9s,

Since your Roxio Burn is a DELL OEM version, Dell are supposed to provide you with any support you need.

This is not 'spite' on our part, but since it is their version tailored to their specifications, THEY are the only ones who will be able to provide you with another copy of the software.

It may be that you need to uninstall and then re-install the program to make it work, and in that case you WILL need another copy from them.

You say there are no updates available on their site, so it's likely there never were updates for it.

-Can you find any way to download another copy of the original program from the DELL site?

-Have you approached Dell support for help with their program?

I don't think the error message will be saying "incomparable", it's more likely to be "incompatible". If you have an incompatibility, have you changed your Operating System since you first got your desktop computer?

If you get nowhere with Dell, you can buy Roxio Burn from Roxio, here. Its current price is $20, and these are its system requirements.

System Requirements

• Microsoft® Windows 7, Microsoft® Windows Vista, or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
  • Intel® Atom Processor® N270, 1GB RAM
  • 20 MB of hard disk space for typical installation of all components
  • Internet Explorer 7 or 8

• 1-9 GB of free hard disk space
    • 1 GB for CD
    • Up to 9 GB for DL DVD CD-DVD
  • Internet connection required for product updates
  • CD, DVD or BD burner

Best regards,

Brendon