• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Peterborough ON

Jim Peterborough ON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:48 AM

I am using PC with windows XP Professional SP3 and EMC 9 installed. On opening program continually get Internet Explorer Script Error as follows:

Line: 0 Char: 0 Error: script error Code: 0 

http\\redirect.sonic.com/links.apx?SRNM=DZ-2M9X6-F2CNG-OS08G&PROD=25&LANG=ENU&type=main&EXTEND1=creat

On clicking box Yes or No .. Program runs    This error has always popped up from day of first install 2008 I donot use Internet Explorer, I use Chrome

On calling ROXIO tech support yesterday I was advised to do a "Repair" Install, now not only do I get the above error but a new one appears as follows:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error "application requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way" followed by this mssg "R6025 pure virtual function call" 

On call back Tech Support advise they no longer provide support for this program & attempted to coerce me into purchasing a NEW program NXT3

Anybody know of a fix or workaround for these errors??

#2 Jim Peterborough ON

Jim Peterborough ON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

O.K. thanks ˆ didn't know?

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

You still need to have Internet Explorer installed for the codec and other behind the scenes parts.    Install that and tell us if that helps.   

What version of .net framework is installed?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:11 AM

Forgot to ask.  Please post the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer.  Follow these instructions  and attach ONLY the TEXT file.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#5 Jim Peterborough ON

Jim Peterborough ON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

Sorry my mistake IE8 is installed I just don't use it. Net.framework version installed is 4.0 with all updates.

>>J.

#6 Jim Peterborough ON

Jim Peterborough ON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

DXDIAG Info .. here you go

>>J. :)

Attached Files

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:40 AM

To start, go to HP and update all drivers and perhaps even the bios.   Folloow instructions exactly.   Your video driver is from 2009 and may be out of date.   I'm not a big fan of updating Bios but it may be necessary in your case.

Did you include all information from the dxdiag.exe file?  The newer versions give soem error reports at the end.

Just a caution.  you have an AMD Athlon processor.  It just may not be fast enough to give you trouble free processing when you do get the program running.

Laptop - Windows 10

#8 Jim Peterborough ON

Jim Peterborough ON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

Drivers are all up to date & BIOS was just recently flashed. Sent you the complete file from dxdiag.exe .. there was no error report.

Any other suggestions??

#9 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,048 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Jim and Steve,

When you run Creator one of the first things it does is 'phone home' to Roxio and get their latest "Welcome" message.

Some time after Easy Media Creator 9 they changed their scripting software, and ever since then EMC 9 has been popping up that script error.

Please see this topic, where it was explained last year

The 'R6025 pure virtual function call' error is not linked to the scripting error, but is something caused by your attempts at a cure, and shoul;d be treated separately.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users