ejluvsrush

Creator Nxt3 Has Stopped Working In Windows 10

Question

Hi,

I desperately need some help please. I upgraded to Windows 10 the day it was released. Previously had Windows 8.1 Pro.

I love Roxio Creator NXT3 and up until about 2 months ago it was working flawlessly, even in Windows 10.

Then out of nowhere I get an error message when trying to open it up from a shortcut on my desktop:

Roxio has stopped working - A proplem caused the program to stop working correctly

It went on regarding windows error reporting, etc. I have tried in vain ever since first seeing this, to resolve it and have been unable to. I have uninstalled the application and reinstalled, I have searched for an %appdata% folder which does not appear to exist (no Roxio folder in my local AppData folder). I have run an automated registry clean/repair, and I cannot fix this. Roxio Central will not open. At one point I was able to go into SOME of the individual applications from the start menu and open them but now that no longer works plus there are some things, such as the screen record, that can only be accessed from Roxio Central.

I thought maybe this was an issue restricted to incompatability with Windows 10 but alas websearching leads me to believe this is NOT the case.

please, I beg of you, please someone help me! :(

16 answers to this question

Hi,

There should be Roxio folders in %AppData%, [C:\Users\(yourname)\AppData\Roaming] and also in C:\Program Data\ when the software is fully installed.

Have you tried a thorough uninstall, followed by a reinstall? I have seen two recommended methods. Use the one you're most comfortable with.

[1] - Download the Revo Uninstaller Free version from the manufacturer's site and run it in moderate mode.

or

[2] - Copy your unpacked Roxio installer files into a folder on your hard drive, and copy this file into that folder too

CleanSystem.txt

-Then rename the file to CleanSystem.bat and run it where it is. The batch file runs the Roxio installer in reverse to remove the software. I have used this method with NXT 3 under Windows 10.

I think it's worth a try.

Regards,

Brendon

• Like 1

I am having he exact same problem after installing Windows 10. Seems like the company would come out with a fix and publish the fix online instead of having to depend on advise from non-company reps. And using Facebook for tech support seems a bit amateurish. A little disappointed.

Yeah... you'd think Microsoft would fix that problem of clobbering previously installed software when the user upgrades. ;)

Did you try either of the recommended solutions above? Which one(s)? What were your results?

Hi Brendon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but not via your methods. I will try and let you know. I really appreciate the help, thank you!

Edited by ejluvsrush

Keep in mind that when we recommend something and list specific steps, it is not because we like to type ^_^

Also this program has a limited number of installs allowed, so you don't want to just keep doing installs whenever you feel the need.

Well, I tried the revo uninstaller removal as instructed. reinstalled and still have the same problem. "Roxio creator has stopped working. a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Several people have complained that a recent MS update to Windows 10 caused the same problem with Roxio's "PhotoShow" program. It just will not open when it worked before with W10.. No one has found out which update did it. One person thought that it was a recent security update for Adobe Flash Player but uninstalling that update did not fix it for me.

The only thing to try is to see if you can restore your computer to a couple of weeks ago and then see if NXT 3 works. If it does, you can add the MS updates one at a time to see which one is the cause.

I just for a comment. I am running a W10 fully updated computer with NXT2 and it still works OK. I have NXT 3 on a W8.1 and that still works.

You also used the specific steps Brendon outlined for install, in his post?

You realize you are the only one with this issue? That points to user BUT it can be inadvertent.

Edit: I have asked someone from support to take a look at your Topic and see if they might know what you need.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Can you please check if you have somehow installed Autodesk on your computer? Check through Control panel > programs and uninstall Autodesk if it is installed.

Thank you Mr. Harden for escalating the issue. Yes, I followed the steps with Revo Uninstaller exactly as stated. BTW , I am NOT the only one with this issue. I checked the web for answers before coming to the forum and found many, many users getting the same error I do, and it is not limited to windows 10 (which I believe I eluded to in my original post). There is no way this is user error.

And thank you for getting involved administrator. No, I do not have Autodesk installed.

I"m sorry for the time between replies. Two kids under 6 and under keep me very busy. LOL

Edited by ejluvsrush

Simply stated there is no magic fix...

It is not the software or else Everyone would have the same problem :wacko:

Nor is it a user problem per sa. Sometimes a user is running some other program or installed something that wrecks Roxio. They consider all to be "normal" because other, completely unrelated programs, work. (like Ralf's question about AutoDesk) No good has ever come from a Reg Cleaner -_-

You can search the internet and find anything you want that supports whatever position you seek to "prove" :D Likewise the ones who butt into Topics here, claiming they have the 'same issue' usually do not. Only if their system is a perfect clone of the original poster.

We are happy to help, notice that 5 people have jumped in here.

Edit: just checking another post (different product) and the user there ran the Repair a couple of times before it worked. Seen that in other products as well and something you might want to try.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Hi again.

I do want to thank everyone for their input and help. Mr. Hardin, before coming to the forum I had already tried repairing the installation, more than once, with no luck.

I don't know what else to do here...

Really sorry, I am out of...

Hints

Tips

And fresh ideas :(

Pretty busy right now so I won't be able to try it on my Win 10 PC.

This forum has helped me a lot in the past, and so I offer this as a suggested solution to the problem ejluvsrush describes in the opening post. This post may be too late to help ejluvsrush, but maybe it might help some others who are having trouble getting Roxio NXT PRO 3 to start up on Windows 10. It is not clear to me what the OFFICIAL position COREL/Roxio is on Windows 10 support. I know I'm out on the limb trying to run Roxio NXT PRO 3 on the latest Windows Insider Release of Windows 10, Build 14332.

Up to about Build 11082 Roxio Creator 2012 and NXT3 Pro installed and worked fine on Win 10. Clean installs of Windows or Build to Build upgrades did not affect the Roxio programs, at least in my machine environment. Since Build 14295 however, I could not get a new install of Roxio NXT PRO to work. Roxio would install and the first time it started the registration pop-up would come up and take me through the registration process, but then it would quit with the error message ejluvsrush noted. By going to the Roxio folder in the Start screen, I could get individual componets of Roxio to start, with the exception for Video Wave and MyDVD. Both gave error messages about MSVCP110.dll, and MSVCR110.dll missing in my system. This was a good clue.

I downloaded and installed the Visual C++ 2012 redistributable package from the Microsoft download center, both for x64 and x86. That solved the problem and now Roxio NXT PRO 3 is running on Windows 10 Bld 14332. I can only conclude that since about Win 10 Build 11082, MS has stopped including the Visual C++ 2012 package in the Windows install process.

Before anyone picks up the torch to flame this post, let me just add that this "fix" worked me, it may not work in the future, it may not work for you, and I'm sure it is unsupported... but it may help others extend the usefulness of their software investment. No guarantees. I hope it helps someone.

BTW, my Desktop is:

ASUS z170-A Mobo

Intel 6th gen i7 processor

16 GB Ram

512GB Samsung 950 M.2 SSD

Multiple other SSDs

Multiboot Windows 10, 8.1, and 7

RC 2012 and RC NXT Pro 3 on different Win 10 systems

I had a similar issue and tried all of the above suggestions without any positive results. Eventually, I went to the actual application via the shortcut "file location" . I attempted to open the My DVD as the administrator and IT WORKED. After resetting its properties to run as administrator, the application would open from the Roxio "Central".

Roxio Creator Pro 3

Win 10 Version 1511 Build 10586.318

That's basic, but it doesn't hurt to remind everyone thanks.

We always recommend you run Roxio suites from an account with Administrator privileges.