Question

Installed Toast 14 on 10.10 and 10.11 and setup a project in MyDVD.

Everything works great until I ask it to burn the disk. If I click the burn icon it will tell me to insert a disk. The disk is inserted and Mac OS sees it, even the Toast 14 Pro program sees the disk. MyDVD acts like there isn't a disk.

When I click the "save" button to save the file as a .iso MyDVD crashes, every time.

Ran software update on Toast and it says it is the latest version. Happens on both 10.11 and 10.10.

7 answers to this question

The same occurs to me, but with 10.9.

Not only MyDVD crashes but in addition it freezes my Mac completely.

There are too many complaints on this problem in this forum.

Would by chance a kind Roxio staff member take some minutes to tell us whether this bug will be fixed and when ?

You may try trashing plist and prefs first.

Quit Toast 14, trash the entire Toast 14 folder (located in Finder > Applications), then check for the files listed below. If you see any of them, trash them:

"Roxio Toast Prefs"
"com.roxio.toast.plist"
"com.roxio.MyDVD.plist"
"com.roxio.Toast.LSSharedFileList.plist"
"com.roxio.videoplayer.plist"

You should be able to locate these files in ~/Library/Preferences. On the taskbar at the top, click on "Go", and select "Go To Folder...". Type in "~/Library/Preferences", without the quotes. Locate the above files in the Preferences folder that comes up and delete them. Once deleted, re-launch Toast and see if the problem has been corrected.

Yes, MyDVD always crashes when you try to burn either to disk or image. Hello Roxio, are you listening?

I'm using MyDVD v1 with OS X 10.11, or at least I am trying to use it. So far it has reduced me to tears.

In feel it is so much like iDVD, but has so many limitations that it is frustrating.

One day, if they keep developing it, it will no doubt be a good piece of software, but in the meantime I may as well use Toast, and just accept the dreadful cheesey menu templates there.

Not sure why this is happening. I successfully did a "save as disc image" by adding four video image files. One a .MP4 and three .mov files. I am using OS 10.11.1, toast 14.0, mydvd 1.0 on a 2008 MBP. Maybe there is something corrupt with a video file?

You may try trashing plist and prefs first.

Quit Toast 14, trash the entire Toast 14 folder (located in Finder > Applications), then check for the files listed below. If you see any of them, trash them:

"Roxio Toast Prefs"

"com.roxio.toast.plist"

"com.roxio.MyDVD.plist"

"com.roxio.Toast.LSSharedFileList.plist"

"com.roxio.videoplayer.plist"

You should be able to locate these files in ~/Library/Preferences. On the taskbar at the top, click on "Go", and select "Go To Folder...". Type in "~/Library/Preferences", without the quotes. Locate the above files in the Preferences folder that comes up and delete them. Once deleted, re-launch Toast and see if the problem has been corrected.

I tried that but it did not work.

I have questioned the customer support who asked for further information.

In the meantime, Roxio just released Toast 14.1, with a new version 1.0 (1) - a strange version number- of MyDVD.

And HALLELUJAH, I was able to create a disc image without crashing at 70 % of completion.

But ALAS, when I tried burning a disc, it crashes around 78 %, thus freezing the Mac completely (Mavericks).

So, Roxio is progressing, we just have to wait !