dbactor

Nxt 4 Will Not Burn To Dvd Or Iso

Question

I upgraded from Creator 2011 pro to NXT 4. The program will not start burn process to DVD or to iso file. Running windows 10 64 bit.

22 answers to this question

What does it do, please?

- burn button missing or greyed out?

-Generate an error message? [what's the message]

Did you have your Creator 2011 running in Windows 10, and if so did you uninstall it before you installed NXT 4?

-Any other information you can give us, please?

Using MyDVD I set up all my files and menues I test with Preview and it all looks and runs smoothly. When I select the burn button the grafic comes up "burn in progress...please wait. I wait and wait....several hours and once over night and it still says wait with burn process remaining at 0%.....same thing happens when I try to simply create an iso file. I had Creator 2011 pro running on windows 10....I uninstalled it BEFORE I installed Creator NXT4....I even uninstalled NXT 4 and reinstalled with no joy. I tried repairing NXT 4 and still no luck with burning. As a test I tried to do iso file with a very small 1mb video and it worked. Here is my system information:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

AMD A8-3820 with Radeon HD Graphics, 2500 Mhz 4 cores 4 logical processors

16 gb Ram

I tried one project that was only 47 min. Long.....I never exceeded DVD disc space alloted. Basically I have done hundreds of DVD's in Creator 2011 Pro....never had an issue no matter the time length as long as I did not exceed the 4.7gb on DVD. I do know what I'm doing have done this for years, just for the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong with NXT 4.

Here's something. I just dropped a video file (in wmv format) into a new project. That file was only 208mb but when listed in creator it says I'm using 2891.19mb of space....to me that's not normal.

Here's something. I just dropped a video file (in wmv format) into a new project. That file was only 208mb but when listed in creator it says I'm using 2891.19mb of space....to me that's not normal.

How long in time is the WMV that is only 208MB?

it's 40 minuets long.

And your choosing the left option DVD?

post-97-0-03192000-1445554425_thumb.jpg

The "size" is a function of TIME and has nothing to do with the size of the file.

Figure a regular DVD is good for 1 hour of a DVD Movie.

And a LP DVD is good for 4 hours....but it still doesn't answer why the program is not working. I follow all of the steps, I even followed the very limited tutorials and still, when I go to burn a DVD the program just sits there and does nothing.

How can I post a screen shot?

You said "And a LP DVD is good for 4 hours". You are reading an believing the sales hype. If you try to put 4 hours on a double sided DVD, the quality will be so bad that you won;t want to watch it !

I just tried NXT 4 to create an ISO file and it had no issues with creating an AVCHD ISO. I used an mp4, a MOV and a mt2s video to try the different formats.

What happens when you press the create ISO button? Do you get the rounded rectangle pop up?

What happens when you press the burn project button? (Screen shots) Does the program ask you for the burner location?

Did you have your antivirus active during the install? If so, many of them prevent the .dll from being registered properly and some programs just will not work.

Nothing happens after I select the burn button, the program just sits there for hours and never completes. Same as when I try to do iso file.

What about the question about having the antivirus active - you didn't respond to that. What antivirus do you have?

What formats are your files? Where did you get them?

Sorry, next time make the images a little larger; even with a 27inch UHD monitor, I cant see everythign (even with a magnifying glass).

Did you try a different stock menu?

What happens when you click on the preview project button? What happens when you select the one video you have and select to preview it?

This is Corel's version of MyDVD so it may not have all the same controls but it should be close.

mydvd user guide.pdf

Your screen shots are the size of a postage stamp not even visible to see what's happening.

post-97-0-53515500-1445609989_thumb.jpg

Here are better screen shots. I did follow other instructions posted. I ran the 2011 cleaner, completely removed NXT 4, disabled Virus protection and re-installed NXT 4. It will now burn a "small" single" video that was 40 min long. How can I get the program to burn longer? I use to have 2011 burn 3 - 4 hours of video without degrading, but can't with NXT 4 I can't do a "fit to disc", that kinda sucks. I would burn 3 45-50 shows on one disc, now you're saying I can only do 1 hour max.....

post-128258-0-68993600-1445634039_thumb.jpg

post-128258-0-80788800-1445634045_thumb.jpg

It is simply impossible to burn 3-4 hours of video to a DVD (standard or DL) without degrading the video. A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold about 60 minutes of video at best quality. To get more on a DVD you have to lower the bitrate which means lowering the quality. I don't know whether NXT 4 allows you to change any of the quality settings. The myDVD that comes with NXT 4 is a new, dumbed down authouring/burning program and very inferior to previous versions of myDVD that came with previous Roxio programs.

What is the format of your source video?

BTW, with C20111 there was also degrading of video if you burned 3-4 hours of video to the DVD. There is no way around that.

Edited by myguggi

I understand that HD video is 1 hour max on a DVD, IMHO 3-4 hour video has been fine for my viewing, I'm not one to quible over those sort of things, it's been good enough for me. In any case, you are very correct that they "dumbed" down MyDVD which is sad. I think I'll just chalk up the lose of $70 for the upgrade and return my system to 2011.

. In any case, you are very correct that they "dumbed" down MyDVD which is sad. I think I'll just chalk up the lose of $70 for the upgrade and return my system to 2011.

Check the Roxio/Sonic return policy.

If the software has fallen short of what you expected, you may be able to return it for a refund.

Try this, from Video Wave select to output your file to DivX (standard or high definition) With that format, you can get several hours on a DVD. You would just burn those DivX files to a disc. Unless you buy separately to the full DivX plus , ($20 US) you will not have a menu bu the disc should play on a computer and a DivX compatible disc player.

Yes MyDVD is dumbed down but Video Wave should have more capabilities for output.

As with any DVD project, make sure you use the best quality discs and handle them carefully. If you lose or damage a disc with 1 hour of video, that is not much of a loss. If you lose or damage one with 3-4 hours (or more on it), wel you'll lose a lot more.

Edited by sknis

I got Creator NXT pro 4 on Nov.20.2015.(Just a few days ago).

I have the same problem that does not burn DVD left an error message .."Please insert a compatible DVD into the ..." and it stopped working.

But, I think I could find a way to burn my movies successfuly.

* Click "Create DVDs" in the main Menu Screen ---> and select the DVD and proceed to the next step----> After made your own project on MYDVD screen...Then save the project("Burning disc image,pleasewait.."...It's gonna take time depending on your video files volume) and then "QUIT" the Roxio.

* Reopen the Roxio Creator NXT pro4 and select the "Burn Disc Image" on the main menu screen.---->"Choose Image:, Copy to:" Screen will come up and If you could find your project file(..iso) , It will Burned well. I'm using windows 7 professional.

Hope it will helped...Thanks..