Crzybeck5

Just Purchased Nxt 4

Question

I just purchased NXT 4 mainly for MyDVD and the look of it has changed and it seems like I can't do alot of stuff that I could do from the previous version. When MyDVD first starts, it loads up Magic Mode, then when I click advanced mode it brings me to Tree Mode, then when I click on Edit Menu it takes me to the menu where you can select a theme and a theme is selected like Aerial View where it has a thumbnail on the menu and it's own text. So how do I delete the thumbnail and get rid of the text and then do my own text with my own font, right clicking does nothing and highlighting the thumbnail and clicking the delete button on the keyboard does nothing. When I add my own background the thumbnail is still there and I don't want it there? The add text option is not there either? On previous versions when you added a menu and movie it would show a project view list of what was added on the left side and then you could right click a video and go into videowave to edit it. Maybe I am doing something wrong also the slideshow option is not there. It is in the main Roxio Creator NXT Pro 4 program but not in MyDVD like in previous versions? Also how do I add a sub menu and change the buttons? Maybe I am being a complete noob or Roxio has slimmed down MyDVD. Please Help!!

post-69226-0-93948200-1445477410_thumb.jpg

post-69226-0-59227400-1445477417_thumb.jpg

post-69226-0-55206400-1445477423_thumb.jpg

post-69226-0-52134300-1445477429_thumb.jpg

post-69226-0-61147300-1445477434_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crzybeck5

33 answers to this question

The likelyhood of a corrupt disc is about the same as a meteor hitting a moving car :lol:

Yes the Install Count came to be in NXT 3.Still... you have the download, use it! It will offer to 'Repair' as long as an existing copy is present.

If you exceed the Install Count, just let us know here and we will try to get it reset for you.

Thanks for that. I am currently "talking" to Roxio (Corel) support regarding the burning problem and in the middle of a "clean" install. If that fails I'll try the download and get my money back if that fails!! I'll let you know how things go.

(Apologies if there is a delay between receiving a post and responding. Despite checking my setting with other forum members I still can't get my email notification working - but that's another problem!)

Despite checking my setting with other forum members I still can't get my email notification working -

It's broken and I can't fix my email notifications either.

Thanks for the info, but "Roxio" meaning "broken" is still true.

I have just resolved the burning issue I have had with MyDVD - I changed from Hardware to Software rendering. Corel Technical Support were of absolutely no help!!

They did however confirm that my existing .dmsd files cannot be used in the new MyDVD (.MyDVD). To me, that's broken!!

Roxio have never made visible effort to maintain backwards compatibility with saved files from versions of their software, but in the case of the "new" cut-down MyDVD even the abilities of the core program have been reduced.

However, rather than protesting here where the management never venture (we're all fellow users) why don't you use the feedback button and send them a polite but firm message with your thoughts?

post-208-0-30154000-1469655180_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Brendon

Sorry if you thought I was protesting to you guys - far from it - I always appreciate your help. I did make several comments during my communications with Corel Technical Support - they said they would be passed on. I don't expect anything to happen.

Thanks