djcconcepts

Problems With Install On Windows 7.

Question

I contacted online support when first install attempt on Creator NXT4 froze. Followed instructions on support reply to rename & delete various files, then attempted reinstall. Reinstall froze at a different point, iZotope Music & Speech.

I sent a reply with current problem with support, but probably won't get a reply until tomorrow. Meanwhile, I need to use software to record something from system for a client TONIGHT! Since my previous versions were uninstalled as instructed, I can't do this!

I'm now attempting to uninstall (so I can reload the prior version) but it's been on uninstall for more than an hour now and is NOT uninstalling!

Can I try install the previous version without uninstalling the new one that fails to install?

Help!!

5 answers to this question

That has worked in the past, installing an older version after installing a newer version. I don't recall there being problems with that for the most part.

I suspect the fiddling with the files has broken the un-install...

A good way to do this is to download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

After a reboot, you should be able to install whatever you wish.

So now you have two ways to do it ;)

Tried uninstall again, but this time chose the "repair" option on the NXT Pro 4 uninstall page and it worked! Had to also do this with NXT 4 Content uninstall page. What I've tried to use so far seems to be ok.

I contacted online support when first install attempt on Creator NXT4 froze. Followed instructions on support reply to rename & delete various files, then attempted reinstall. Reinstall froze at a different point, iZotope Music & Speech.

I sent a reply with current problem with support, but probably won't get a reply until tomorrow. Meanwhile, I need to use software to record something from system for a client TONIGHT! Since my previous versions were uninstalled as instructed, I can't do this!

I'm now attempting to uninstall (so I can reload the prior version) but it's been on uninstall for more than an hour now and is NOT uninstalling!

Can I try install the previous version without uninstalling the new one that fails to install?

Help!!

I'm starting to really regret purchasing this upgrade.. I feel like I've been scammed for $100 ... not only are the people manning the help site unhelpful .. any software that fails to load out of the box is more than a little scary. I've now wasted an entire SUNDAY trying to get the video editing software I purchased to work. I thought surely an upgrade would solve the issue.. but it was like opening a can of worms.

I am a software engineer.. and I was a beta tester for Corel in the late 90s, I always go with Corel products.. but this is the LAST time I will spend my money .. I have MUCH better things to do with my time than to debug software I paid full price for.