• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 smitty115

smitty115

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:24 AM

At the outset – I am pretty computer illiterate.

I purchased Creator 2012 a year ago and had no problems moving various video files to DVD DL. I recently developed a problem when recording a DVD on MY DVD – essentially failure to burn the coded video on the Disc. I just upgraded to Creator NXT3 and had the same result. Here’s my sequence:

Video/Movies >Create DVDs > 2D > Standard DVD >Add Movie > select movie > Burn the encoding, etc., on completion the panel shows 100% complete but has the following error message “Roxio failed to burn the disc (extended error 0X800041024)”. Failure ocurred a number of times.

Following the support information supplied on site, I then did a burn to ISO on MY DVD and when completed I right clicked on the ISO symbol and selected Burn with Creator. End result a perfect DVD. As a confirmation I repeated the process with the same image and same type of disc and it failed as per before. Then tried a new image and new disc and it was fine.

As you can imagine I have gone thru’ a number of DL discs with a high probability of failure.

Any ideas as to the problem??

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

There's a knowledgebase article with a patch for that error here.  Maybe that'll help?  Please let us know.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#3 smitty115

smitty115

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

I followed the instructions and the update failed with the message "Setup has determined that your cofiguration does not support any of the included products."

I noticed that the upgrade was marked as a critical update for Dell - which I do not Have.

Many Thanks for the suggestion.

#4 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

Sorry... I didn't dig any deeper than the match with the error code.  

Any chance it's a heat issue?  If you've got a desktop PC, take the side off and set up a fan to make sure the drive is staying cool.  

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#5 smitty115

smitty115

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:16 AM

Tried cooling no change. Somewhat confused what to try next any ideas?

#6 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

Well, since it sounds like you used to get consistently good results, and now you're getting intermittently good/bad results, it's entirely possible your drive is going bad.  It's hardware, hardware (and power electronics like lasers) can wear out.  You could replace the drive.

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:37 AM

Two things...

First is the 'Configuration does not meet...' message - wonder if you Right Click setup.exe and look under the Compatibility tab to make sure nothing is selected.

What brand of media are you using? Did you try any others?

Mostly leaning toward Burner like Dave mentioned ;)

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:10 AM

As you can imagine I have gone thru’ a number of DL discs with a high probability of failure.

What make brand of DVD DL media are you using?

What x speed rating does the packaging say?

What x speed are you burning them at?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#9 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:24 AM

Excellent point, CD.  And I'd also ask, did the failures start after opening a new package of discs?  (Even if they're the same brand you'd been using?)

Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users