Question

When I cut/crop a video and then save the results, the file size remains the same as it appears that Creator still retains the full un-cropped video in the background. Is there a way to get Creator to exclude all but the cropped clip so that the file size is reduced. I always save the original video on another drive and only work on a copy in Creator.

2 answers to this question

When I cut/crop a video and then save the results, the file size remains the same as it appears that Creator still retains the full un-cropped video in the background. Is there a way to get Creator to exclude all but the cropped clip so that the file size is reduced. I always save the original video on another drive and only work on a copy in Creator.

How are you "saving" the results? Saving in Roxio means just saving the project instructions; there is video created in this Save at all. To create a video of your edited video you have to use Output and your output file should change from the original

Hi myguggi, thanks for the information I have experimented using your suggestions and it looks like I need to crop the video in "Videowave", then Output using "Export As" which saves just the edited clip. I can then import the reduced files back into "Videowave" to add to other video and pictures in my final production.