Sign in to follow this  
jordb22

Mac Os X 10.11 El Capitan

Question

I have been searching around online for a while and can't seem to figure out if VHS to DVD for Mac will work on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan.

I saw a post talking about Roxio Video Capture USB for Mac but it doesn't seem to be available anymore and BestBuy only sells VHS to DVD for Mac. But I want to know if it is actually going to work on my MacBook Pro before I buy it.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Good luck. I all depends on whether the software will recognize the dongle as being plugged into a USB 2.0 port or not. And THAT seems to be pretty random as the same computer can give a different response depending on the OS installed. I"ve been trying to figure out how to get it working again on my machine for years now and some buy a brand new machine and it works fine.

It does not work on a macbook Pro 2012 under El Capitan. At least not on my system. The device is not recognized in the usb 3 port. I have update the software to 1.05 from Roxio, but no result. :angry::angry::angry:

Doesn't work on my iMac either running El Capitan 10.11.6. Haven't tried it on my 2015 MacBook Pro Retina (and I won't either). It appears Roxio has no "support" for any of their Mac products.