Sign in to follow this  
ElliotC

Nxt3/roxio Rant

Question

Last March (2015) I decided to upgrade from Creator10 to NXT3. In June (2015), I upgraded to Win10.

It quickly became obvious that there was a compatibility issue.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling

I checked online and discovered that the issue was not unique.

I also discovered that in order to uninstall I needed to work in the REGISTER. This became annoying and a royal pain

I contacted CS, they had me uninstall/reinstall, download a fresh version, download an uninstaller which worked no better.

THEY HAD ME WASTE HOURS AND HOURS doing all this crap.

IN THE END, THEY ADMITTED THAT THEY WERE AWARE THAT THERE WAS AN ISSUE.

The solution I was given today when I requested a free upgrade was NO.

I could purchase the program at a discount from their website.

Thanks Roxio for a total waste of time and money, this is no way to treat customers.

27 answers to this question

I upgraded to Win10.

You upgraded your OS to Windows 10 and NXT3 isn't W-10 compatible.

You chose to upgrade to Windows 10 and that move rendered NXT3 worthless in W-10.

NXT4 is W-10 compatible why they told you "you could purchase the program at a discount from their website."

If you called Roxio tech support BEFORE upgrading to W-10 you would of known you where updating yourself out of your present NXT3 Roxio Software, so who's fault is that?

You upgraded your OS to Windows 10 and NXT3 isn't W-10 compatible.

You chose to upgrade to Windows 10 and that move rendered NXT3 worthless in W-10.

NXT4 is W-10 compatible why they told you "you could purchase the program at a discount from their website."

If you called Roxio tech support BEFORE upgrading to W-10 you would of known you where updating yourself out of your present NXT3 Roxio Software, so who's fault is that?

Funny, how this is the only program I have had an issue with.

Funny, how CS/Tech Support did NOT tell me it was not compatible until haveing me go through all sorts of gymnastics to get it to work. We spent WEEKS going through different processes. They were not aware of the issue.

Funny, that CREATOR10, which I have gone back to is working just fine under Win10.

Yes, you can blame me, but if I use your logic I should call every company about their programs before doing an OS upgrade. And in the end, CS/tech Support would have given me the wrong answer anyway.

Edited by ElliotC

How can a company today make a software that would be compatible with a future Microsoft Windows 11 operating system?

News to me that Creator 10 would work under W10 ???? What version number of Creator 10 do you have ?

News to me that Creator 10 would work under W10 ???? What version number of Creator 10 do you have ?

Working fine with no issues

I've back on it since September, when I gave up on NXT3

Creator 10

V1.2.193; 5.0.0.0

Common UI Framework

V 1.8.3489.2383

Central Framework

Easy Media Creator 10 or Roxio Creator 2010?

Roxio creator 2010

How can a company today make a software that would be compatible with a future Microsoft Windows 11 operating system?

I can appreciate this point, but;

1- Beta testing is done. And I believe MSft works with developers for compatibility.

2- Non-compatibility can always be an issue, and programs do become obsoleted.

3- They were selling this product, I believe even after the Win10 roll out. I happened to purchase it about 3 months before the Win 10 rollout.

4- Tech Support worked with me FOR WEEKS trying to get it to work. THEY WERE NOT AWARE THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM.

5- I mentioned that I had seen online others had issues with Win10, they claimed to know nothing of these reports.

6- They finally admitted that there was a problem

You are correct, only NXT 3 & 3 Pro shows up are Win10 compatible on the Corel site... (we know that NXT 4 IS compatible but a real step down)

I am not sure that NXT 3 is not compatible. Often ONE individual in a support site relays a false conclusion. If that were true, we wold have expected to see a note from Roxio here by now.

I installed Creator 2011 After I installed Win10 and it "worked" but I did not do a through test of it.

Creator 10

V1.2.193; 5.0.0.0

Common UI Framework

V 1.8.3489.2383

Central Framework

You need to go to Help, About This Software.

Post the Version and Build #.

post-97-0-32597400-1446651015_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-82391100-1446651014_thumb.jpg

EMC Easy Media Creator 10 isn't even Vista Compatible does it work in W-10? :unsure:

Easy Media Creator 10 Minimum System Requirements:

Windows Vista™ with 1.6 GHz Intel processor, 512 MB RAM

Windows® XP with 500 MHz processor or faster; 128 MB RAM

1 GB of free hard disk space for typical installation of all components

1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card

DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card and graphics card

Windows Media Player 10 or higher

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher

DVD-ROM drive is required to install the software

You need to go to Help, About This Software.

Post the Version and Build #.

attachicon.gifh.jpgattachicon.gifb.jpg

EMC Easy Media Creator 10 isn't even Vista Compatible does it work in W-10? :unsure:

Easy Media Creator 10 Minimum System Requirements:

Windows Vista™ with 1.6 GHz Intel processor, 512 MB RAM

Windows® XP with 500 MHz processor or faster; 128 MB RAM

1 GB of free hard disk space for typical installation of all components

1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card

DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card and graphics card

Windows Media Player 10 or higher

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher

DVD-ROM drive is required to install the software

I went to HELP, that is where I found those version numbers. And that is how they displayed them,

For some reason I could not copy and paste.

The build # 121B93A, RO3; 500B22A, RO3

Edited by ElliotC

Roxio Creator 2010 (which you suggested you are running) is NOT compatible with the new Windows 10 OS !

Could it be that you are running it with an earlier version of Windows OS ?

Roxio Creator 2010 (which you suggested you are running) is NOT compatible with the new Windows 10 OS !

Could it be that you are running it with an earlier version of Windows OS ?

All of my machines are now on Win10

They also are all running Roxio Creator 10 with no issues.

The only program with issues with Win10 was NXT3

I went to HELP, that is where I found those version numbers. And that is how they displayed them,

For some reason I could not copy and paste.

hey ElliotC---If you are running W10 on the computer that you have Roxio Creator 2010 installed on, here's a way (using W10)

using the "snipping Tool" to make a screen copy of the "help-About" screen in 2010---

1--Open up Roxio Creator 2010 in W10

2--On the top menu click on the help (tab) then on "about this software"

3--once the screen comes up with all the info on 2010, click on the START button in W10

4--In the search box enter "snipping Tool"

5--At the top of all the options that come up, click on the top one under "best matches" and click on snipping tool (desktop app)

6--Click on "new" in the snipping tool box that comes up (your screen will be faded out but still see everything)

7--Now use you mouse cursor to place a square box around the "about This Software" for 2010.

8--Now click on "Save-As" and save it to your desktop in W10. This will become a jpg photo of that screen named "capture.jpg" unless you give it a different name.

Now, on your post replies for your problem, add this jpg you just captured to your reply by clicking on "More Reply options"

at the bottom lower right corner (next to the orange "POST") Browse to you desktop and click on the screen capture and then

click on add this to your reply.

Now we will all get to see exactly what you are seeing for the version of your Creator 2010 ver.

Hope this helps you in screen capturing most anything you can see on your monitor.

Creator 10

V1.2.193; 5.0.0.0

Common UI Framework

V 1.8.3489.2383

Central Framework

My Creator 2010 Pro.

R03 might be the standard version instead of Pro?

Or SP1 isn't installed on his version?

post-97-0-76105900-1446677589_thumb.jpg

hey ElliotC---If you are running W10 on the computer that you have Roxio Creator 2010 installed on, here's a way (using W10)

using the "snipping Tool" to make a screen copy of the "help-About" screen in 2010---

1--Open up Roxio Creator 2010 in W10

2--On the top menu click on the help (tab) then on "about this software"

3--once the screen comes up with all the info on 2010, click on the START button in W10

4--In the search box enter "snipping Tool"

5--At the top of all the options that come up, click on the top one under "best matches" and click on snipping tool (desktop app)

6--Click on "new" in the snipping tool box that comes up (your screen will be faded out but still see everything)

7--Now use you mouse cursor to place a square box around the "about This Software" for 2010.

8--Now click on "Save-As" and save it to your desktop in W10. This will become a jpg photo of that screen named "capture.jpg" unless you give it a different name.

Now, on your post replies for your problem, add this jpg you just captured to your reply by clicking on "More Reply options"

at the bottom lower right corner (next to the orange "POST") Browse to you desktop and click on the screen capture and then

click on add this to your reply.

Now we will all get to see exactly what you are seeing for the version of your Creator 2010 ver.

Hope this helps you in screen capturing most anything you can see on your monitor.

thank you

Edited to remove CD Key!

post-97-0-59427200-1446679548_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

ElliotC,

Sorry I'm late to this discussion. I'm the southernmost guru and in a different time zone.

Working my way through the puppy-pile here I see that you had problems with NXT 3 when you went to Windows 10, so you went back to Creator 2010 and that seems to be working for you.

Can you tell me please, what was your problem with NXT 3? It should be compatible with Windows 10, and I have it apparently working fine under that O.S.

You said

would you tell me what that issue was, please?

Regards,

Brendon

ElliotC,

Sorry I'm late to this discussion. I'm the southernmost guru and in a different time zone.

Working my way through the puppy-pile here I see that you had problems with NXT 3 when you went to Windows 10, so you went back to Creator 2010 and that seems to be working for you.

Can you tell me please, what was your problem with NXT 3? It should be compatible with Windows 10, and I have it apparently working fine under that O.S.

You said

would you tell me what that issue was, please?

Regards,

Brendon

Video editor would not load, program would lock up

Thank you.

NXT 3 is listed as "Windows 10 Ready" on the Corel site here, so it is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10.

Did Corel Support say what this issue that they were aware of was?

They haven't told us users about any known issues between NXT 3 and Windows 10 generally, and I haven't seen any mentioned on the board until now so any information you can give on that might point a direction for us to look. Since most of us haven't encountered such a problem I wonder if it could be related to the Windows 10 drivers for some particular item of your hardware?

In the meantime, unless they've known of this "issue" for a long time I don't imagine it will have been corrected in NXT 4. So your best bet is to keep on using Creator 2010 for now, as long as it keeps working for you.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you.

NXT 3 is listed as "Windows 10 Ready" on the Corel site here, so it is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10.

Did Corel Support say what this issue that they were aware of was?

They haven't told us users about any known issues between NXT 3 and Windows 10 generally, and I haven't seen any mentioned on the board until now so any information you can give on that might point a direction for us to look. Since most of us haven't encountered such a problem I wonder if it could be related to the Windows 10 drivers for some particular item of your hardware?

In the meantime, unless they've known of this "issue" for a long time I don't imagine it will have been corrected in NXT 4. So your best bet is to keep on using Creator 2010 for now, as long as it keeps working for you.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you Brendon

My experience with Tech Support is pretty much listed above.

We exchanged emails for several weeks, none of their ideas worked. The agent finally said this was a known issue.

That's all she wrote.

I wasted hours installing, uninstalling, editing out Roxio from registry ( uninstall left lots of crap all over the place), and then repeating, and repeating.........

Yes, I've waded through minute uninstalls - I feel your pain.

I think your outcome is quite unsatisfactory but I have no way to fix it. I wish I could do more.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you Brendon

My experience with Tech Support is pretty much listed above.

We exchanged emails for several weeks, none of their ideas worked. The agent finally said this was a known issue.

That's all she wrote.

I wasted hours installing, uninstalling, editing out Roxio from registry ( uninstall left lots of crap all over the place), and then repeating, and repeating.........

Try downloading the free trial of Revo-Uninstaller and after it does the removal it will, or you can do a scan to remove all the

bits and parts left over that are in the Registry.

Try downloading the free trial of Revo-Uninstaller and after it does the removal it will, or you can do a scan to remove all the

bits and parts left over that are in the Registry.

They had me do this. It was no better than the the Msoft uninstaller and still had to go in and manually remove bits and pieces

I'm not suggesting you go back and start all that stuff again if you have Creator 2010 working happily, but did they get you to try a CleanSystem.bat file, Elliot ?

I'm not suggesting you go back and start all that stuff again if you have Creator 2010 working happily, but did they get you to try a CleanSystem.bat file, Elliot ?

That does not ring a bell, so I'll say no.

But I'm done with NXT3, Creator10 is working just fine.

That does not ring a bell, so I'll say no.

But I'm done with NXT3, Creator10 is working just fine.

Yes, we're poking the wreckage and murmuring "I wonder if it was this . . . "

Stick with Creator 2010.

Go well,

Brendon