OldBean

Changing Format Of Videowave Production?

Question

I have made a production in videowave in widescreen (16:9) format and was wondering is it possible to change the format now to normal (4:3)? ie after the production has been saved. I haven't put it yet into My DVD. If so, how do I go about this?

4 answers to this question

Why would want to convert the 16:9 to 4:3 anyway? You can play the same DVD on any TV. If the TV is 16:9, it would display fulls screen. If the TV is 4:3, then the DVD player should letterbox it automatically.

• Like 1

When I played the DVD on my TV the text was partly cut off at the top and sides, so I thought that, maybe, it was because I had saved the production in widescreen.

Check the aspect ratio settings on your DVD player.

It should be able to play widescreen DVDs, so it might be set to play 4:3 at the moment. It should be simple to set it right.

It might be an issue that is almost obsolete but perhaps it is not entirely dead.

Did you look at the project (in Video Wave) with the "TV Safety Zone: turned on? You may just be adding the text too close to the edge. Load the project where you added the text and then select "View", and then check the TV Safe Zone. You will get a box about what would show on a typical older style TV. you can move the text to fit into the safe zone.

Note that older tube type TVs would cut off almost 15% of the image while more modern TV cut iff around 5% or less. .