AVShortBus

Unable To Install Nxt4 On Win10 Pro

Question

I just purchased NXT4 and while attempting to install it hangs calculating required space. I am not sure what the issue is, but the install windows doesn't seem to be displaying correctly.

Roxio_problem110615.jpg

I am unable to click on any of the buttons displayed and the only option is to close the window from the task bar.

PC Specs

Quad Core 3.4Ghz Intel 3770

16GB Mem

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit

Not sure where to go from here....

4 answers to this question

Make sure you have these settings, 1024 x 768 monitor display or better, DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with at least 16-bit color setting.

Make sure your DPI setting under display is 100%.

I can confirm that all my settings far exceed that (1920x1080) and I was able to run this downloader on 4 other lesser machines, all running Win10 Pro 64bit.

That being said I was able to workaround this issue by using one of the other machines to download the files and then run setup.exe skipping the downloader issue.

I am not sure what was going on. I ended up removing the video cards and running just the onboard graphics. I removed all the drivers for the other cards, ran one monitor rather the my normal 5 monitor setup.

Anyway, if anyone has this issue in the future, try downloading to another computer then open the setup.exe file on the target PC and you should be able to complete the setup.

I am not sure what was going on. I ended up removing the video cards and running just the onboard graphics. I removed all the drivers for the other cards, ran one monitor rather the my normal 5 monitor setup.

Good to hear you got your display issue ironed out.

I have had some PC's with the On Board Graphics chip and added a Video Card to it.

You must disable the on board chip, preferably before you install the Card...

Otherwise the two seem to fight each other for control :P

I cannot say for sure this was you issue but it possible... ;)