• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 memasretired

memasretired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

I am using Windows 7and have no plans to update of Windows 10 on this 6 year old desktop. I only purchased nxt 4 so that I could use the Capture and convert feature, since the Capture and convert feature of my Roxio Creator 11 quit working with the same symptoms.

I am thinking that the "registry cleaner" portion of System Mechanics Pro, which I use automatically, may be the culprit, and may be why my older Creator 11 capture and convert feature doesn't work.  I don't understand how, but I read something over my head about how the registry cleaner removes something the feature needs, thinking it is an error.  That's a "newbie" version of my understanding.   If I turn of the registry cleaner and re-install Creator nxt4 will I get back the correct full files it needs.

I like the feature of these programs because I understand how to use them and used them often. My grandsons have made youtube videos and I want to burn them to DVD. I'd like to use what I have and not look for other things to learn. I will take a look at the screen capture feature you are recommending and try to understand and use it if you don't think my solution would work.

Thanks for your help.

#22 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,534 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

Memasretired, you don't need to re-post to the same thread. You are already getting help, but you have to do what you were told to do.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#23 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,131 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

memasretired,

Creator versions were numbered from 1 to 10, and then were named Creator 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.  After those came Creator NXT; NXT 2, NXT 3 and now NXT 4. There's no such software as Creator 11, It's Creator 2011 you're talking about.

Some old versions of Creator, (around version 9,) had troubles with registry cleaners which were too energetic and broke the Creator registry. That registry weakness was fixed quite quickly, and since about Creator 2009 registry cleaners have been quite safe to use in my experience, despite doubts by some folks.

Iolo's System Mechanic has always been problematic with Creator installations. I don't think it's their registry cleaning function per se, but the aggressive way their main program blocks parts of the installation and then stops things from operating as they should. I would recommend you dump System Mechanic completely, and use a gentler cleaner such as CCleaner to keep your system tidy.

As far as web-capturing goes, YouTube have changed their systems several times, and the web capture feature of Copy & Convert has suffered accordingly.

I would suggest you take the good advice that Jim and Cdanteek have given above about that.

Regards,

Brendon

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#24 memasretired

memasretired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

I'm so sorry for placing my reply in wrong spot. I thought my response would go in the "Reply to this topic". I guess I am too new at this forum.

Thank you for your informative information. I have been able to save 7-8 computers with System Mechanic, so I will keep it, even if I don't have all of the Roxio Creator 2011 features. I will try to return Creator NXT 4 since it doesn't work as advertised.

I did "what I was told to do" and used the Screen Capture feature of NXT4 as directed above and do not like it, however it does work.

Thank you for your help. I won't disturb you all again with my inexperience.\

Regards,

Memasretired

#25 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,131 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for your help. I won't disturb you all again with my inexperience.\

Please keep asking when you need help or want to know things. That's what we're here for, and it's the only way to get experience.  :)

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#26 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,255 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

Yes don't mistake our zeal for accurate information to be a snub :D We love to answer questions and often put in a lot of time exploring to find a solution for a fellow user.

Come back anytime and for any reason -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users