ahlonnae

Cannot Find Roxio Usb Video Capture Driver For Win 10! Help

Question

23 answers to this question

I don't understand what you are looking for.

Did you read the 1st pinned post in the VHS2DVD 3 forum? It shows you where to get the update for W10

cannot seem to find cannot find roxio usb video capture driver for win 10! HELP

Here they are and where they should be after installing the Software.

post-97-0-12174300-1447625522_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

What is the Unknown Device under Other?

That was a question for the original poster, in case they had an "Unknown Device" entry. It could point to a bad install.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked is because that's exactly what my new install in Windows 10 Pro looks like. I have both the Unknown device plus the 2 Roxio devices. Can I simply remove the Unknown device? Apart from that it is working very well.

As far as the 2 Roxio entries, that is what you should see. As far as the 'unknown'...

Yes you can 'uninstall' the unknown item, however it will most likely reappear next time you reboot.

You should probably examine its' Properties to see if you can figure out what it is... Then fix it ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Another approach to the Unknown is to uninstall and on reboot see what Windows is doing when it installs drivers by clicking on the 'more details' in the alert box.

Having a little trouble with VHS to DVD 3, "device not recognized" is the error. Downloaded the driver for WIN 10 64 bit, no new results. Same error message. It was fixed by Roxio technicians once before, just not sure how they did it.

New_Bitmap_Image.png

Edited by Gameboy517

Look at the picture in post#3.

Yes, I also found two Roxio capture icons in the Sound, video, and game controllers section of device manager. The program was initially working fine, then Windows 10 wants to trip!

Plug it in and delete the two entries you have in Device Manager for it.

Remove the device and put it aside.

Now open Control Panel - Programs and features and remove the EVD software.

Reboot

Install the software

Reboot

Now and only now, plug in the device.

Give that a try exactly as outlined and let us know ;)

Tried that, it shows the same error message and in the sound devices menu, there are no Roxio icons. My guess is that it may have something to do with my version of Windows. I have downloaded all the updates thus far. Starting over with a fresh install of the program has at least got the icons to reappear in the sound devices menu, but the device is soon again unrecognizable.

What version of Windows?

What model of USB device do you have? The first one, you could disconnect the audio & video leads from the device . The next one they are fixed.

Yes, they are connected all as one unit. I tried creating a profile for the capture device using this setup:

f77013cfe2.png

Then you have the newer one. One point on Win 10, you can't have the trial version but must use one of the regular versions.

Your scripting is a waster of time, the software is proprietary and doesn't' work with other software. Get rid of that.

Download the Revo uninstaller and run it in Moderate Mode (default) to remove EVD 3.

Then follow the steps from Post #14 adding the Win 10 update after install and reboot. Reboot again and only then insert the USB device. Give us screen cap of your Sound video and Game Controllers.

this is probably not the right forum for this specific issue, Roxio will still show up in the sound devices section every so often

Both entries should always show up there whenever it is plugged in and disappear when you unplug it. How about a screen cap of that?

Did you get rid of the C++ script that you wrote?

The image is listed above, Roxio is plugged into the PC as well.  Usually, there is a

listing of two Roxio device icons under the sound devices category.  The script for now

has been put aside.  It must be a Windows 10 issue since the device will not work with

any PC with that program.  The computer simply cannot identify the device or is having

difficulty doing so.

Don't know what to tell you, it works on the 2 Win 10 PC's I have tried it on:

5a1482f39897c_Win10EVD1.thumb.jpg.1faae0ec16d7c0ddb38e79a7950012ba.jpg

5a1482f6207fa_Win10EVD2.thumb.jpg.0e434788206151ec7e784dc9554d95f9.jpg

5a1482f82acb3_Win10EVD3.thumb.jpg.f12dbc15b47c949b5b772abf17b0a323.jpg

Does not with the old style USB Capture Device:

5a1482fa0e3f2_Win10EVDOldDevice.thumb.jpg.d9d811623db1cd55061fbf0a354a526c.jpg