Seriously??

Installed Once, Changed Computers,now Won't

Question

I've recently changed computers, and when trying to download onto laptop, first attempt got to the point of finishing the process, then got a windows detected a problem message, and got kicked out of it. Second attempt, almost got to that same point. Got a message saying 'system has not been modified'. At one point, (not sure now where I saw it, I've looked all over my computer at this point, but perhaps a dialog box) I saw an error code 28. I'm running windows 7, had used XP the last time it was installed I believe. Any help is appreciated!

4 answers to this question

Just to make sure, you DID install the software BEFORE plugging in the device? Error Code 28 is a Windows driver error. Google for it.

Yes, I did try it both ways, plugged in and not. No change. The googled answer to error 28 no help. I can attach the message recieved from dialog box, but I'm not sure which one to send...there are several (I'm not tech savvy to know which one will give you the info you need!). When I click on the log file link provided once it shows it was interupted, I'm not sure which one you need to see. What will I look for? Several are zipped files. Do I unzip one of them? Sorry, but I had no idea using this software would be this complicated!!

Also...while waiting for a response, I decided to download the software to my hard drive and install from there. Same thing happened. Got to the final stages then was interrupted. Any help is appreciated! Also, I read somewhere on the forum we are only allowed 10 installs...I've wasted at least 5 or 6. Anything I can do to reverse this? Thank you.

The 'limit' applies to the NXT software, not this... a good reason to stick to Topics that apply to the Software you HAVE and not trying to pound a square peg into a round hole ;)

Let's try one process and see if that will get you going.

Plug in your capture Device and go into the Device Manager and Delete any entry you see for it!

Now unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

(there may not be any if it didn't complete the install)

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

We'll do this later, just trying to get you going now.

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See if that will get it installed ;)