Sign in to follow this  
TJB80

Nxt 2 Won;t Install In W10 - Split From Unrelated Thread

Question

I purchased NXT2 in 2014 along with a Roxio backup disc. I just couldnt Install this Roxio product so the message I now get from Roxio - quote Creator NXT2 is not officially supported in Windows 10, which is what I have.

This program is still sold by outlet stores. So the message is - if you have Windows 10 don't waste your money on buying it.

2 answers to this question

I purchased NXT2 in 2014 along with a Roxio backup disc. I just couldnt Install this Roxio product so the message I now get from Roxio - quote Creator NXT2 is not officially supported in Windows 10, which is what I have.

This program is still sold by outlet stores. So the message is - if you have Windows 10 don't waste your money on buying it.

Duh. It is far better to take a look to see whether or not the software will work with your new OS, prior to purchasing the software.

The current version is NXT 4, so you're two versions behind yet you've changed your Operating System.

You're right - you should definitely NOT be buying NXT 2 if you are running in Windows 10,

and you should definitely not "upgrade" your Operating System to Windows 10 if you are wanting to still run NXT 2.

It won't help TJB80, the original poster here, but newbies should always consider buying direct from Roxio. That way you'll always get the latest version of software, and if it won't work for any reasion you can quickly return it to Roxio for a refund. You don't get that guarantee from other retailers.

Regards,

Brendon

Having dealt with the question of buying the old software or not, what happened when you tried to install it, TJB80?

"Not supported" doesn't mean that it won't work, just that they don't guarantee it to work.

Several people have managed to install older versions in Win10, so it might be worth chasing up what stopped your install, if you're willing to try.

B.