Sign in to follow this  
therealone

I Can't Install Nxt4 Under Windows 10 Pro (Split From Another Topic)

Question

creator nxt 4 is the newest version and it won't install on windows 10 or 7.. get's all the way through almost and than reverses and rolls back everything. No explanation given. I've given up on it. An upgrade that is worse than the previous version.. something wrong at roxio me thinks.. I have yet to find a way to get it to complete installation properly. If anyone knows how to avoid the rollback errors, let us know. I think the installaion is either bugged or broken as if it can't complete on windows 7 too, than it's not a windows 10 issue. roxio nxt 3 installs just fine on both though so not sure how this got messed up in the new version and I've seen no real solution to it anywhere as the only "fixes" offered did nothing to help. Moving back to nxt 3 now.

3 answers to this question

creator nxt 4 is the newest version and it won't install on windows 10 or 7.. get's all the way through almost and than reverses and rolls back everything. No explanation given. I've given up on it. An upgrade that is worse than the previous version.. something wrong at roxio me thinks.. I have yet to find a way to get it to complete installation properly. If anyone knows how to avoid the rollback errors, let us know. I think the installaion is either bugged or broken as if it can't complete on windows 7 too, than it's not a windows 10 issue. roxio nxt 3 installs just fine on both though so not sure how this got messed up in the new version and I've seen no real solution to it anywhere as the only "fixes" offered did nothing to help. Moving back to nxt 3 now.

Please don't keep posting your problem all over the forums. Your problem is likely your computer setup. Installing on a Windows 7 system should work well and has, for most folks. I don't know about Windows 10, because I don't have it.

NXT 4 installs on W7 and W8 and works well there. I don't bother with W10 but others have it installed and it works also well. As Bruce said, something on your system is corrupting the install.

I do have NTX 4 installed and running well under Windows 10 Pro; Windows 7 Ult; and XP.

post-208-0-13185900-1448580752_thumb.jpg

There are lots of others who have successfully installed under Windows 10, and Windows 7, so it would appear either that you have done something wrong or more likely that there's something about your machine which is causing a hitch in the installation.

First thing to do is look at the Roxio_Setup.log, which in an x64 installation can be found in C:\ProgramData\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Creator NXT Pro\ in a folder named for the date/time of the install. See if you can find a "failed" in that log file which might say what went wrong. The address of the log will be slightly different for x86 installations and/or the non-Pro version of NXT 4.

If you can't interpret the log file, ZIP it up and attach it to a post here so we can have a look for you.

Regards,

Brendon