TheresaInMd

Videowave Can't Render Color And Black And White Images Into A Mpeg Hd File

Question

Hi,

I accidentally set my trail camera to take a picture every 5 seconds yesterday so today I ended up with over 3,000 images. I deleted most of them but kept the series that showed the sunrise because it was pretty freaking awesome. I imported those images into video wave and am able to set their duration to .33 seconds each and play back the sunrise perfectly. When it changes from dark to light outside the images change from black and white infrared to color when I try to export them as high definition mpeg-2 1080i file all of the color images are rendered totally blacked out.

What's up with that? Build: 140B36A (Would be AWESOME if the info in "about" were select-able )

I can't attach the project or the output because it's too big but I did upload the finished exported mpeg-2 file to youtibe: https://youtu.be/A5BB4UkE5k0

You can skip to about 00:23 seconds into the video to start seeing what happens when the images switch from black and white to full color. Every time you see the frame go black.. that's a stunning color snippet of a sunrise. I am attaching one of those images.

UPDATE: I just tried to share to youtube and the entire program just crashed lol

Another UPDATE: I am using VideoCreator NXT, I am downloading the pro version of NXT 4 now.. perhaps that will help. If it doesn't I'm going to be PISSED .. #Justsaying

post-112075-0-59834000-1449415510_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheresaInMd

5 answers to this question

I am using VideoCreator NXT, I am downloading the pro version of NXT 4

Roxio Game Capture HD Pro has videowave already included!

What quality are the pics from the trail cam?

Have you tried outputting to other formats?

Hi,

I accidentally set my trail camera to take a picture every 5 seconds yesterday so today I ended up with over 3,000 images. I deleted most of them but kept the series that showed the sunrise because it was pretty freaking awesome. I imported those images into video wave and am able to set their duration to .33 seconds each and play back the sunrise perfectly. When it changes from dark to light outside the images change from black and white infrared to color when I try to export them as high definition mpeg-2 1080i file all of the color images are rendered totally blacked out.

What's up with that? Build: 140B36A (Would be AWESOME if the info in "about" were select-able )

I can't attach the project or the output because it's too big but I did upload the finished exported mpeg-2 file to youtibe:

You can skip to about 00:23 seconds into the video to start seeing what happens when the images switch from black and white to full color. Every time you see the frame go black.. that's a stunning color snippet of a sunrise. I am attaching one of those images.

UPDATE: I just tried to share to youtube and the entire program just crashed lol

Another UPDATE: I am using VideoCreator NXT, I am downloading the pro version of NXT 4 now.. perhaps that will help. If it doesn't I'm going to be PISSED .. #Justsaying

What program do you have? If NXT why did you post in Roxio Game Capture HD Pro?

Did you watch the Roxio tutorial on how to do Timelapse with Roxio Creator? Do a google search on "Timelapse with Roxio"

What info in about are you referring to?

NXT 4 will not do any better

Edited by myguggi

What program do you have? If NXT why did you post in Roxio Game Capture HD Pro?

Did you watch the Roxio tutorial on how to do Timelapse with Roxio Creator? Do a google search on "Timelapse with Roxio"

What info in about are you referring to?

NXT 4 will not do any better

You know.. a friendlier response would have been.. YOU WILL GET BETTER HELP IF YOU POST HERE: Followed by a link

STUPID QUESTION you asked me, not sure why I expected helpful people to run this forum. How could I forget this is the INTERNET where bullying and being a general asshat is applauded.

Edited by TheresaInMd

Let's keep our heads here :lol:

Create a shorter version mixed with both types of picture, maybe 1 minute long, and see what it does.

If you get the black ones COPY the ones from the short project into a new folder. With NXT4, under Photos, Enhance Multiple Photos, load in the copies and resize them to 720 X 480. (its' a test, don't get excited)

Create a new short project with them and see what happens...

Theresa, the questions asked aren't completely irrelevant. You have posted in the Game Capture forum, yet you tell us that you're running Creator NXT 4. Both programs include VideoWave, so knowing exactly what program you have will help us help you.

cdanteek's question about the quality of your pictures is completely relevant because in most cases where users have had problem with images showing up blacked out has been resolved by changing the resolution of the pictures being put into VideoWave. If your trailcam takes very high resolution images, then reducing the resolution to the final output size of your video prior to importing them to Videowave, may make them render properly, it's one of those hit-and-miss bugs in Videowave.

So, while some questions may come across as terse, and unhelpful, please put that aside. Maybe we can help you fix your problem.