Sign in to follow this  
queeg505

Mutiple File Selection Causes Stuttering When Converted

Question

Trying to connvert 160 m4v videos of various sizes to mp4 for Amazon Fire. If I do the files individually they are fine, however if I select two or more in the Source selection when I view the converted files, they are pixallated and stutter during playback. Its rather tedious having to do them individually, I was hoping to just select them all and leave it run overnight.

I am on version 5 and have checked for updates.

Anybody else experience this or have any ideas why it occurs?

Thanks

Edited by queeg505

3 answers to this question

This should not happen...

What are your PC specs? - wondering if it might be heat & age related, long activity might be causing something to to go amiss...

In the program, Help About - System Info

Also what are the specs of the Source files and what are the settings you converting to? (might have some bering and it is something we can try to duplicate)

After Length - Resolution - mbps for both ;)

Have you done this with M4V files before?

Intel Core i7-3820 3.6ghz 16gb RAM Windows 10 Enterprise Build 10586.17 GeForce GTX 670 2GB Driver ver 359.00

The source files are m4v as I had them on my Apple TV previously. I'm converting using the built in "Kindle Fire" template that use H264.720x480 30fps 2500kbps AAC 44.1khz 16 bits Stereo Data Rate 2500kbps

I've not tried queuing them all up before, this is the first time, the original m4v files were created in iMovie primarily from an old Sony Camcorder. As I said doing the files individually works just fine. The source files range in size from a few mb to a maximum of about 3gb

Edited by queeg505

Nothing is ordinary when it comes to Sony :lol:

But I doubt that has anything to do with it as you are converting them...

(make a copy of 2 small and one large file for testing and put them aside so we don't screw up your originals)

I don't have any MV4's, can you use them directly in Copy & Convert? How about if you change the extension to MP4?

Do 2, short files work in C&C?

If they do, try one short and the one long?

If your still here, try converting them to something else, mpeg or something and retest the above.