Sign in to follow this  
Presron Clarke

Roxio Game Capture Hd Pro Wizard Was Interrupted

Question

​I just got my Roxio hd game capture pro today I try to install the disk and I get this error Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Wizard Was Interrupted I don't know what is going on or how I can fix this.?

13 answers to this question

I would prefer to know the cause of the interruption before trying to recommend any solution.

For that we need to see the install logs.

The instructions are in a Pinned and Locked post at the beginning of this forum (second from the last)

Zip that up and post it here so we know what is causing it -_-

I just got my roxio game cap hd pro i pop my install disk in then type in product key then hit accept the it comes up with this error "Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Wizard Was Interrupted" I'm win 10 home and I don't know what to do someone please help ?

here are some of the logs  12/21/15 03:56:26 - Created folder for log files: C:\Users\Preston\AppData\Roaming\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Game Capture HD PRO\15-12-21 03-56\{ProductID}_{INSTALL_MODE}.log

12/21/15 03:58:15 -    Action InstallActions.GAMEHD_1X.Install failed with exit code 1603.
12/21/15 03:58:15 - Installation failed with error code 1603
12/21/15 03:58:15 - Rolling back installation

Edited by Jim_Hardin
Combined and deleted too much junk

I have read many of the forums talking of this specific problem and even used my free support e-mail thing. Everything tell me the same thing.

I have tried many combinations that I did not find suggested, even uninstalling RGC completely and nothing has worked.

No matter what I do, when I plug the RGC back in, it still shows up as TRANSCODER and the device driver software was not found/successful/installed.

When I first installed my RGC HD PRO yesterday, the RGC showed up fine, but there was a red "no signal" so I just re-installed it and now I have this problem.

I DO understand (now) that you should not plug in a device while or before installing the software.

Setup:

Xbox 360 > HDMI > Roxio > Laptop (via USB, Vista) & TV (via HDMI)

I have spent countless hours trying to get this to work so any and all help is appreciated for I have now become desperate.

Don't post log files here! Zip them and attach them here.

Second problem - once Windows has assigned the wrong drivers to a device, it is locked to that device until deleted...

To do that, plug in the RGC and delete the Transcoder entry in the Device Manager.

Now unplug the RGC and put it in another room!

Reboot the PC and do this: (Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure nothing is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

When you plug in the RGC device, it should work now ;)

• Like 1

Don't post log files here! Zip them and attach them here.

Second problem - once Windows has assigned the wrong drivers to a device, it is locked to that device until deleted...

To do that, plug in the RGC and delete the Transcoder entry in the Device Manager.

Now unplug the RGC and put it in another room!

Reboot the PC and do this: (Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure nothing is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

When you plug in the RGC device, it should work now ;)

How do I run rivo uninstaller in moderate mode ?

​and how do I also copy your entire disc to a new foleder on your HDD ?

It's listed under Advanced Uninstall.

Make a folder on your desktop (right click new folder) put your Roxio software disc in a drive go to my computer and view the contents. From the menu click edit, click select all, then edit copy, now open the new folder on your desktop and right click paste in that folder.

just got my roxio game cap hd pro i pop my install disk in then type in product key then hit accept the it comes up with this error "Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Wizard Was Interrupted" I'm win 10 home and I don't know what to do someone please help ?
& nbsp;
here are some of the logs  12/21/15 03:56:26 - Created folder for log files: C:\Users\Preston\AppData\Roaming\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Game Capture HD PRO\15-12-21 03-56\{ProductID}_{INSTALL_MODE}.log

12/21/15 03:58:15 -    Action InstallActions.GAMEHD_1X.Install failed with exit code 1603.

Presron Clarke you don't listen very good.

Why not try what Jim has posted for you to do?

To keep posting it won't install won't fix it!

Presron Clarke you don't listen very good.

Why not try what Jim has posted for you to do?

To keep posting it won't install won't fix

how do I do Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

I just got my Roxio game cap HD pro I pop my install disk in then type in product key then hit accept the it comes up with this error Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Wizard Was Interrupted; I'm win 10 home and I don't know what to do someone please help ?

I just got my Roxio game cap HD pro I pop my install disk in then type in product key then hit accept the it comes up with this error Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Wizard Was Interrupted; I'm win 10 home and I don't know what to do someone please help ?

You need to learn some forum etiquette and quit spewing the same post all over the forums. You also need to attend a Computer 101 class, based on the statements you have made in this forum.

If I had to guess, I would say you are a teenager, who can't, or won't comprehend what is being said to you.

Your extra posts are reaching the point where you are going to get cut off here and not allowed to post!

If you don't understand, invite someone over to work with you. They don't have to be an expert but just explaining it to someone else often helps. (2 heads better than 1 ;) )