guitar-picker

Toast 7 Titanium Audio Cds Won't Play In My Dvd Player-Why?

Question

As an aspiring guitar-picker, I've used Toast Titanium 7 for years on my Mac to successfully burn and play dozens of audio CDs in my car and on my friends' home and vehicle CD players, but recently I discovered to my surprise that at least one home audio machine, a Philips DV900VHS (Digital Video Disc Player & Video Cassette Recorder), will NOT play my Toast-authored audio CDs... it displays "Loading..." then the word 'Loading' disappears and nothing happens.

The Philips machine plays all my commercially-purchased music CDs just fine, but it won't play any audio CDs that I burn with Toast 7 Titanium (containing standard, unencrypted, un-compressed .aiff files.) Is there anything I can do, with Toast 7 Titanium, to make it burn an audio CD that will be recognized by the Philips machine? As mentioned above, these problemmatical audio CDs still play just fine in my car and on my friends' home audio systems.

I wondered if there's some problem involving region coding of the audio...I'm in the USA, and my Philips machine was made for the USA market and successfully plays all CDs I've ever bought in the USA...but I don't see any burn settings in Toast 7 asking for my 'region code'....

2 answers to this question

Region coding doesn't apply to audio CDs.

It may be that this player won't accept any recordable CDs, it may be that it doesn't play well with a particular brand (or batch) of CD-Rs, or it may be the setting with which the CD-R was burned (e.g. speed). I can't rule out the software, but the media is the most likely cause.