sagky

Roxio Creator 5 Basic

Have been using Roxio Creator 5 Basic for years on my XP. Have had no problems.

Decided to install on a Vista machine and could not because of incompatibility problems. So, I uninstalled.

The problem is now, everytime I turn my Vista machine on, I get the following message:

"Driver blocked due to incompatiblity"

When I try to X out of the window another window appears stating:

"This driver is blocked due to incompatiblity problems

Driver : CD Recording Software

Publisher: Roxio, inc

I've tried to find the driver but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what the name of the driver is, where it could be located and how to remove this driver?

Thanks, Steve

Let me point you to this thread here (link). As the reply there says, ECDC 5 will run in XP, you just ignore the compatibility warning. But, it also points you to the Roxizap utility to uninstall leftover bits.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Steve,

You must have gone through some contortions to get ECDC 5 onto your Vista machine. Vista really doesn't like the drivers, and when I tried just now the first thing it threw up was a BSOD, Stop 7E screen.

The drivers concerned are Cdr4_xp; Cdralw2k; and pwd2k. They live in the \Windows\System32\Drivers directory, and are called in the registry at
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

When I tried it, a simple Uninstall from Control Panel removed all the objectionable stuff, but Roxizap will do an excellent job, even better than the Roxio uninstaller. It even preserves Vista's built-in data disc writing capability.

Try Roxizap, and let us know how you get on please.

Brendon

• Like 1