TigazONE

Lg Flatron E2240T?

Question

Yo! I got a roxio gamecapture hd pro from my wife at christmas, im using this setup. Usb -> computer, ps4>hdmi cable to gamecap>hdmi to dvi cable> to my lg. and it dont work to capture, my hardware says it gets a signal and everythings ok, but my screen is black. What is the problem?

34 answers to this question

What does not work? (my guess is that it is your TV with that connection)

Most likely it is the DVI-D adapter... Are you sure it works under normal conditions with the PS4 HDMI?

How about the PS4 HDMI with HDCP turned ON?

The RGC outputs with an HDCP signal and that may be the problem. IF it is, you would need to place an HDMI splitter at the PS4 so you can send HDMI to the RGC and HDMI/DVI-D to your TV ;)

Let us know? Also curious, what kind of winter are you having this year? (ours has been warm, only a light jacket needed)

The winter is coming, was outside with my kids and go for the nordic cross skiing! So much fun.

The thing, its not a tv, its a pc monitor. And what the problem is, i want to stream and capture games but i cant when the monitor is black. I have two monitors, one for pc and one for ps4. Yeah im figuring the problem is in the hdmitodvi cable. I have the cable, not the thing you put ont the dvi contact and put the hdmi cable in. But when i dont have the capture card in it works just fine.

Monitor or TV, it only has D-sub and DVI-D input. Really sounds like the splitter would work for you. Someone posted one from an FRD Amazon site but I don't have the link and don't know if that is what you use.

Thanks for the weather update ;)

DVI converters can be a bit tricky as there are 5 different ones :huh:

Asked before if the one you had worked with the PS4 AND while the HDCP was turned on... You indicated that it did, but what you are describing now makes that not so sure.

But isnt http://www.amazon.de/DELOCK-Adapter-HDMI-1-4-St/dp/B003XOPOII/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1353061914&sr=8-9just a hdmi with 2 hdmi? like an extender, plug that in and you get 2 hdmi? The chord with hdmi and dvi works super with hdcp on. Also the Adapter i bought. This is the Monitor. http://www.lg.com/za/monitors/lg-E2240T-led-lcd

And it says its DVI-D and when i loock in the back of it i suppose it is a DVI-D Dual link according to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface#DVI_and_HDMI_compatibilityit looks like DVI-D Dual link. So please, Can somone tell me how i can do?

If the first link is NOT wrong, How do you connect it and what will it do?

We are at the point where we want to start tearing out hair!

Everything you have and describe Should Work :huh:

You plug the Splitter into your PS4.

One HDMI goes to Roxio

One HDMI goes toward you Monitor

You add the HDMI to DVI-D adapter at the Monitor

and

If you run the HDMI splitter at the PS4 then an HDMI cable to your Monitor with the HDMI to DVI-D adapter (this skips the RGC completely) - does that work OK??? (test the splitter setup)

Okey, first of all, i only got a hdmi to dvi cable, and the HAMA Adapter, not the splitter. is it something that i have done wrong? ps4->HDMI cable to roxio, roxio hdmi to dvi cable into monitor.

Next alternative that ive tried. ps4->hdmi cable to roxio, roxio hdmi just a regular one to screen and on the screen i have my hama adapter and plug that in. Any wrong?

You need the HDMI splitter and connect it the way Jim shows you in Post # 12.

Okey, so i live in sweden and want it now! Does just any hdmi splitter works or is it a specific model? http://www.24.se/datortillbehor/kablarkontakter/monitor-kablar/monitor-adapterswitch/hdmi-splitter-1xhdmi-hane-till-2xhdmi-hona?gclid=Cj0KEQiAiNi0BRDaobaq3dKJhrwBEiQAyVThzWJ4sI6NBXE0BX2wPZG8z9KwIyZB683JWmLRHUzdTJoaAoBp8P8HAQ<- is that good? It says it is "Passive" and that i only can show one screen at the time. And is it difference in "hdmi splitter" and a "hdmi switch" or is it the same thing?

A splitter and a switch do opposite things. A splitter will take the signal from 1 source (like an Xbox or PS4, or...) and sends it to 2 devices (your Roxio Game Capture and a monitor, or two monitors...). So you need a splitter which will output to two devices at the same time. I've never heard of one that would only send to one device at a time, but you need one that will output to two devices, not just one.

A switch takes two source signals and lets you decide which one goes to a monitor.

Okey so i will by one then! :P How about the sound? What will i need to connect if i want sound in the video? I have a headset also the Razer kraken usb into my ps4.

Sound will come over the HDMI cable... but... you need to make sure your game console is sending audio. If you have headphones plugged in, it may mute the output to the TV/Monitor. I believe there should be a setting in the console so that you can tell it to send the audio out to the TV/Monitor even if you have the headphones plugged in, but I can't tell you what that setting might be.

Tests were inconclusive... I tried both a passive as well as a powered splitter, but neither would send any useful signal :(

Okey, so now i bought The Deltaco Active splitter that supports hdcp and 3d something jada jada.Has i connected it wrong? Hdmi from ps4 to splitter 1 hdmi to roxio 1 CABLE HDMI to DVI To screen. AND IT STILL DONT WORK! What the hell am i doing wrong? I dont understand. And i WILL soon throwing everything to the trash. Just to clearify things 1: I have get the Dvi to hdmi adapter returned so now i have only the CABLE: HDMI to DVI 2 I made a video to youtube so you can se that it is all right! PLEASE MAKE THIS WORK! Can it be the Fukkin adapter?

The video, Or search for TigazONE and click the last video "iam Getting Crazy" Please Subscribe and hit the like button as WELL! :D

EDIT Video removed for profanity!

Edited by cdanteek

Try connecting the new HDMI to DVI cable directly from the PS4 to your LG monitor(PS4 HDCP "off").

I understand your frustration, these things can be very frustrating!!!

Recap - you have tested the HDMI to DVI cable running it directly from your PS4 to your TV.

Did you test that cable with the splitter? Run an HDMI from your PS4 to the Splitter. Then run you HDMI/DVI cable directly to your TV without any other connection from the Splitter. Does that work?

Does it work with only the HDMI to the Splitter and then an HDMI only to the RGC? In other words, just ONE HDMI coming out of the splltter at a time.