Question

Hey everyone, I just installed my roxio software less than a week ago and my friend and I tried recording and editing some gameplay videos. As the title suggests, the software would crash when I tried to save a production. The only reason I can think of it doing this is that I'm running Windows 10. Does anyone have suggestions for what else could be the problem? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Win 10 has nothing to do with it...

Sounds more like the install did not go as planned or turned sour along the way. First thing is a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should do it ;)

Sorry to say Jim, but this didnt work. This is too big of a problem for me to try to fix it so ive moved to another editing software.

I have been using it for over a year now. Its just what happens with this software. I find that if you add one video clip and then click save, then after adding/editing anything else you do ctrl s after each action you should be fine.

Also try not to add too many huge clips. Mine tends to crash if I go over 4 ish gbs of footage.

Edited by James c

I have been using it for over a year now. Its just what happens with this software. I find that if you add one video clip and then click save, then after adding/editing anything else you do ctrl s after each action you should be fine.

Also try not to add too many huge clips. Mine tends to crash if I go over 4 ish gbs of footage.

Not really...

I often use it with BD Projects which run 25 or 50 GB - didn't crash then :huh:

Try the Repair procedure that I outlined. ~ I do agree that frequent saves are always a good idea ;) (lost 4 hours of work one day)

Edited by Jim_Hardin