bamalam

Anyone Else Had Problems With Support?

Question

Anyone else had problems with NXT3 Pro and its inability to produce a slideshow? I've owned Roxio programmes for as long as I've had a PC and used it successfully, to produce slideshows, until I bought and installed NXT3. I've burnt so many coasters that I never have a problems with placing a hot coffee mug!! It keeps merging slides, if you apply a transition, any transition, the previous image remains as a ghost and the new slide appears over it, so its totally unwatchable. After being palmed off by various support technicians, they eventually admitted there was a problem and "engineering" were sorting it!! Well that was in August, since then no contact, if I raise a case complaining, its closed off as "no action" they are just not interested, no one is bothered and no one apparently has any interest in good, old fashioned, customer service. Interestingly enough, I tried Nero, which worked faultlessly. If it wasn't for the interface, I would accept their upgrade offer, but why, in this day and age does a company like Corel/Roxio, produce a programme with errors and then don't want to fix!! I also question the customer service, no one gives a monkeys and there is no ability to escalate an issue, THEY JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

5 answers to this question

my first guess was this was a rant from the UK... and sure enough :lol:

Give me details of what program with the Suite you are using and details of your Project so I can try them out. (number of pictures - style of transition - your definition of ghost)

No extra charge to use the Carriage Return instead of typing run on paragraphs -_-

This post jogged a memory - wasn't this an issue with earlier version of Video Wave that was traced to a graphics card/chip issue.

To the OP what graphics card/chip are you using AND do you have the latest drivers for it? If you know what drivers you have, please give us the full information on the graphics/card ship.

but why, in this day and age does a company like Corel/Roxio, produce a programme with errors and then don't want to fix!! I also question the customer service, no one gives a monkeys and there is no ability to escalate an issue, THEY JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

Roxio has been "acquired" by a number of different companies since it was first budded-off from Adaptec. It is currently owned by the entities who currently own Corel.

I feel that the current owners' financial model involves much less support than previous owners were prepared to provide. Your experience strengthens that feeling. :(

Anyone else had problems with NXT3 Pro and its inability to produce a slideshow? I've owned Roxio programmes for as long as I've had a PC and used it successfully, to produce slideshows, until I bought and installed NXT3. I've burnt so many coasters that I never have a problems with placing a hot coffee mug!! It keeps merging slides, if you apply a transition, any transition, the previous image remains as a ghost and the new slide appears over it, so its totally unwatchable. After being palmed off by various support technicians, they eventually admitted there was a problem and "engineering" were sorting it!! Well that was in August, since then no contact, if I raise a case complaining, its closed off as "no action" they are just not interested, no one is bothered and no one apparently has any interest in good, old fashioned, customer service. Interestingly enough, I tried Nero, which worked faultlessly. If it wasn't for the interface, I would accept their upgrade offer, but why, in this day and age does a company like Corel/Roxio, produce a programme with errors and then don't want to fix!! I also question the customer service, no one gives a monkeys and there is no ability to escalate an issue, THEY JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!

I have had no problems creating slideshows with NXT 3. There is very little useful information on exactly what you are doing. I don't know what you mean by "It keeps merging slides, if you apply a transition"? Please explai that with some detail.

I agree with you about Corel/Roxio customer support. That has been going downhill for years but is not only with Corel - it seems to be a trend with many companies