• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Boby

Boby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

I had a Roxio creator 2009 and also Roxio capture USB and upgrade to Roxio NXT4 in December.

I have been use the old 2009 software capture DVD and also LD and save to my hard drive, works very good never has problem,.

but the new software  I load to my window 10- 64 bits computer, did not work well at all , the composite Video  capture has different speed, and the sound are crack, and the video signal are most of the part are missing .

any one may able to help fix this problem.

Boby

Edited by Boby, 12 January 2016 - 05:53 AM.

#2 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Strange... same problem.

I've used the USB Video Capture with NTX2 Pro and all worked well on 21 May 2015 until I made the mistake of upgrade to NTX 4 Pro in December 2015. The previous version would hang a 64bit 8GB memory Windows 8 System randomly for about 10 minutes, but it worked!  There was, and is apparently a mistake in believing that Roxio programs well, as they used to do in the past and Test their Software in advance, also the mistaken thought that the update would improve the situation. Now the USB Video Capture is completely dysfunctional. The USB Driver isn't recognized. YES I've reloaded the existing version from 2009 that the “Support” web site has available and so much for that. Perhaps I need to set last known working version to WindowsXP. This would match the date.

The previous and present experience is showing that ROXIO is a smoke and mirrors operation that actually hides it's "support" so nothing is available to Customers that won't pay by the second. Not even Microsoft accomplishes this feat.

I would appreciate a driver that works and doesn't crap on itself with every update.

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,299 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

DSid you guys get the Windows 10 update to EASY...?     It is on this page.   I don;t know if the drivers are updated for NXT 4 Capture.  When You installed NXT 4 did you agree to download/install the patches/updates?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

I'm still running Windows8 Enterprise, Update to Windows10 is a pain... I have to wipe the System and redo it. 

When NTX4 Pro was installed all patches were accepted and no communication with the Roxio Server is available at Registration. It appears with NTX4  the Drivers were just left out and the Support Downloads offers nothing, which is slowly not new. 

• reliant likes this

#5 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Attempted to install the patch an Roxio Creator 2010 is not part of the NTX4 Pro installation. "Software not found"

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

DSid you guys get the Windows 10 update to EASY...?     It is on this page.   I don;t know if the drivers are updated for NXT 4 Capture.  When You installed NXT 4 did you agree to download/install the patches/updates?

There is no update on that page for anyone running NXT 4!

Edited by cdanteek, 12 January 2016 - 01:45 PM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#7 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

Jepp, you got it. Welcome to the Support Chaos.

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

Jepp, you got it. Welcome to the Support Chaos.

Attempted to install the patch an Roxio Creator 2010 is not part of the NTX4 Pro installation. "Software not found"

The only chaos I see is someone trying to apply C2010 software update on NXT 4 software! :wacko:

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#9 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,299 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

I thought that maybe the update to Easy VHS to DVD 3 had an update to the drivers.  My comment was to Boby, not MrHere.  See what happens when you threadjack someone else's thread.   Things get confusion !

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

You want Boby to install 'Easy VHS to DVD 3 (Windows 10 compatibility)'

update on his W-10 X 64 with NXT4?

I hope it said software not found!

cd

Spoiler

#11 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

I'm attempting to fix what previously worked unter NTX2 before an update, that is appearently broke was operational. My end solution is downgrade to NTX2 and not reccomend the NTX4 software to any one. 

#12 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

Excuse my ignorance. I'm nothing but a Software Solutions Architect and Test Software for a living.

The actual Installation Process should be debugged. First the Detection Requirements need to be checked as they are done and if not met Roll-back. The Rollback doesn't take place and the Digital install droppings are left behind.

If a functional Driver is on a System, it should be left behind. The available driver states that the same version is installed, will be removed at installation. No debug files, so no idea what the install script did.

In normal situations remove software, reboot and continue install.

The 10 minute wait on NTX2 is in my opinion caused by the x86 libraries that are having Memory allocation problems with the 8GB installed memory. Wait long enough it goes away but returns randomly in the form of a spinning circle "please wait" .

Wasn't my job to find a reproducible situation?

That the Drivers for the USB Roxio capture device aren't recognized in the new NTX4 Pro software is a hit. The joke is the drivers are available (C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio), and appear to be defective and not recognized by Windows as available.

Can someone explain where a x64 or x86 Driver for the Roxio USB Capture is located, that works with the NTX4 ?

#13 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,535 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

You want Boby to install 'Easy VHS to DVD 3 (Windows 10 compatibility)'

update on his W-10 X 64 with NXT4?

I hope it said software not found!

Did you read Post #3?

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

Excuse my ignorance. I'm nothing but a Software Solutions Architect and Test Software for a living.

Can someone explain where a x64 or x86 Driver for the Roxio USB Capture is located, that works with the NTX4 ?

A strange request from a Software Solutions Architect! :blink:

Why, a Software Solutions Architect should know more than us users here! :unsure:

I'm not sure Windows 8 Enterprise is a compatible operating system for NXT 2?

I'll show you but I won't guarantee your device will work with NXT4 drivers!

Attached File  1.jpg   6.46KB   0 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 12 January 2016 - 04:29 PM.

cd

Spoiler

#15 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

A strange request from a Software Solutions Architect! :blink:

Why, a Software Solutions Architect should know more than us users here! :unsure:

I'm not sure Windows 8 Enterprise is a compatible operating system for NXT 2?

I'll show you but I won't guarantee your device will work with NXT4 drivers!

attachicon.gif1.jpg

@cdandteek

Not my job to debug Roxio software. Support is an assumption that appearently exist. 

A bit of Background.

I ordered the NTX2 software because the Roxio Video Capture USB was a give-away item. The first impression from Roxio was being presented with an Answer that I should download the USB device and software from the Internet...?? I tried contacting Scotty but he was on Vacation so I wrote to the CEO. The effect of this was, the USB device was immediately beamed to me from LA. A few weeks later one came from London. Now I have two different Hardware revisions. Thank you Transporter room. 

The intersting part of this is, The Video Capture HU3192-E I used with NTX2 doesn't work with NTX4. I just swapped to the other Video Capture USB UB315-E ver.3 and the Drivers immediately loaded. NTX4 Roxio Media Import accepted the Device and was opeartional. This is a good indicator in the direction of the problem. Again, It's a Roxio Problem, not mine. For giggles and grins I'll download Windows2016 from MSDN and try NTX4 on that. If NTX4 is halfway correctly programmed, the Backwards compatibility Mode should work. 

My initial thought is if the software is tested? I'd love to see the Test cases and setup scenarios, along with intensity of Hardening used.

If I was to debug this, I'd say the NTX2 deinstallation leaves Data droppings in the registry. The new NTX4 Install can't use this and refuses to Install the Drivers, because it is the opinion they are installed. The other option is Hardware revision recognition and the Drivers, if new are faulty.

@Boby

I'd deinstall the Software, check the Registry for the Data Droppings [Search for Roxio, Data Capture and other such criteria]. Delete the data Droppings and reinstall NTX4. I'll get back with you after I find interest in Updating to Windows10. Check you Updates there is a completly new Build available on the Update Server. It is installed using the std. MS Update. Bring lots of Coffee, the update is a complete OS Exchange and is huge.

Edited by MeHere, 13 January 2016 - 06:51 AM.

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,262 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:44 AM

Support for the discontinued HU3192-E was dropped with NXT2 or 3... Enough remnants remained if you upgraded the Creator Suite that the old device still worked.

It STILL works with NXT4 and Win10, provided you had an older install.

Attached File  Win 10 Both Devices.jpg   123.99KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Old and New with Labels.jpg   191.3KB   0 downloads

Of course not everyone has older versions of software to take advantage of this -_-

But then no one really expects companies to provide updates for hardware that has been discontinued otherwise my SCSI Scanner would be up and running on my Win10, right?

Agreed that Roxio Installers have always been lacking and that is not going to change :(

As far as things left behind, never been an issue except in a very small number of cases... There we recommend the Revo Uninstaller in Moderate mode and it is done by the time you finish your coffee.

#17 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update. Glad to see lights are on and someone is home.

The Drivers listed by by canandtree in (Post #14) are not found on my Windows 8 System, since the Older USB device operates and was readily recognized some Driver must be included with the NTX4 or the one on the Support page I tried is for the Old HW revision. It works with Windows8  :mellow:

The basis for gettig the USB device to work appears to be difuse and it's a good luck if it works condition. OK, no support for the Roxio Video Capture USB is accepted from my side. I only have a few tapes to Convert so my Wife is happy.

I tried the Vulcan Mind Melt with the Video Tape device, it didn't work, so what replaces the no longer supported devices for Capture? 

I have both Hardware versions and amazingly enough, it was the newer version HU3192-E that you show, that is refusing  to work with NTX4. The old version UB315-E ver.3 is now operational.

Both devices report as Roxio Video Capture USB

The Problem Boby (Post #1I experienced in the begining. I removed the device and reseated all cables, it works fine now. In some situations the Tapes are so old you can't do much about the results.

#18 MeHere

MeHere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

@Boby.

this is where I found the drivers I tried.

http://corel.force.c...s-device?page=7

It's good that Corel, Roxio and what ever else belongs to this company talk to each other.

I accept no responsibility for the Driver or damage incurred by attempting to get a not supported device working. 

Before installing there are two questions:

• do you have a backup or image for quick restoration?
  • if no, and something goes wrong, did you learn something?

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,847 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Support for the discontinued HU3192-E was dropped with NXT2 or 3... Enough remnants remained if you upgraded the Creator Suite that the old device still worked.

The Drivers listed by by canandtree in (Post #14) are not found on my Windows 8 System, since the Older USB device operates and was readily recognized some Driver must be included with the NTX4 or the one on the Support page I tried is for the Old HW revision. It works with Windows8  :mellow:

Now we are supposed to put up with a name calling Software Solutions Architect Smart ___!

Your knowledge seems to be a stumbling block with entry level software.

Roxio supplied drivers for both devices since NXT2 no "Enough remnants remained" mystery.

Attached File  7.jpg   103.24KB   0 downloads

Attached File  9.jpg   104.63KB   0 downloads

Attached File  8.jpg   96.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  10.jpg   103.52KB   0 downloads

cd

Spoiler

#20 acemoonbeam

acemoonbeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:computer buiding, music collecting, book collecting

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:21 AM

I have been using Roxio Creation 2010 Special Edition for a long time on my Win 7 computer.  When I built a new machine using Windows 10, I opted not to install Roxio since I now have other programs that do the same thing.  However, the Special Edition came with the Roxio USB capture device, and I wanted to continue using it with my other video editing/creating software.  I had no hope that the driver would work with Win 10, but thought I would give it a try.  On the Creator 2010 SE installation DVD the driver directory is fairly easy to find:  there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit driver.  I ran the installation program located in the driver directory, and the driver installed and works perfectly with Win 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users