21 replies to this topic

#21 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,023 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

I have been using Roxio Creation 2010 Special Edition for a long time on my Win 7 computer.  When I built a new machine using Windows 10, I opted not to install Roxio since I now have other programs that do the same thing.  However, the Special Edition came with the Roxio USB capture device, and I wanted to continue using it with my other video editing/creating software.  I had no hope that the driver would work with Win 10, but thought I would give it a try.  On the Creator 2010 SE installation DVD the driver directory is fairly easy to find:  there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit driver.  I ran the installation program located in the driver directory, and the driver installed and works perfectly with Win 10.

You didn't install Roxio Creation 2010 Special Edition on your W-10 installation just the USB Capture device driver?

What software are you using to capture video with the Roxio USB Capture device?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#22 acemoonbeam

acemoonbeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:computer buiding, music collecting, book collecting

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

I use Corel Video Studio Pro X4.  Once you install the driver it will accept input from the Roxio USB capture device.  About all I use it for is to capture science shows off TV. 

I finally did install Creator 2010 SE onto Win 10 just to see what happened.  It installed without error; I also installed the SP2 update.  I burned a data DVD with no problems at all.  When I used the Cineplayer, the sound was fine and the video played without hanging but there was green pixilation to varying degrees on both commercial and burned DVD movies.  I didn't test out anything else since I have other programs that do what Creator does.  I really like the AVS suite of audio and video programs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users