myarusinsky

The Owner Sid On A Per-User Subscription Doesn’T Exist

Question

How do I fix this?

Roxio shuts down with the error message The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207)

24 answers to this question

When using Roxio MyDVD and I try to edit the menu or preview the movies it gives me the message--The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207.

Inspiron 5559 ( new Dec 2015)

Intel Core ™ i7-6500U CPU @2.50GHZ 2.59 GHZ

8.00 GB (7.90 GB useable)

64-Bit Operating system, X64 based processor

Windows 10 Home

Roxio user for 10 years.

I tried doing a repair on Roxio and MyDVD. It fixed the "could not find the path issue". I then uninstalled

Roxio and MYDVD, and I was able to get to the Menu on MyDVD. If I try to preview the project in MYDVD I get no preview. If I try to create an .iso file it gives me BurnerState EncodingTItle Failure reason unknown error Code 2147746311. If I select the menu edit button--Roxio shuts down with the error message

The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207. I also turned this in to Roxio.

What happened after you did the Repair Install?

When I select the Edit Menu button I get: Roxio shuts down with the error message The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207)

If I try to create an iso file I get:

BurnerState EncodingTItle Failure reason unknown error Code 2147746311

What happened after you did the Repair Install?

When I select the Edit Menu button I get: Roxio shuts down with the error message The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207)

If I try to create an iso file I get:

BurnerState EncodingTItle Failure reason unknown error Code 2147746311

Since you didn't explain WHAT your doing in WHAT application!

I'll post you a Google link, https://www.google.com/search?q=The+owner+SID+on+a+per-user+subscription+doesnt+exist+(Exception+from+HRESULT%3A+0x80040207)&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Did you get this problem fixed http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/121276-cannot-burn-a-dvd-or-make-an-iso-split-from-another-topic/

You never did come back with any response to the questions that were asked.

I added it to another post

I tried doing a repair on Roxio and MyDVD. It fixed the "could not find the path issue", but the MYDVD never worked. I then uninstalled

Roxio and MYDVD, and I was able to get to the Menu on MyDVD. If I try to preview the project in MYDVD I get no preview. If I try to create an .iso file it gives me BurnerState EncodingTItle Failure reason unknown error Code 2147746311. If I select the menu edit button--Roxio shuts down with the error message

The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesnt exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207. I also turned this in to Roxio.

I went to the link and understand it, but I have no idea what files inside of Roxio I need to fix to get this to work.

I went to the link and understand it, but I have no idea what files inside of Roxio I need to fix to get this to work.

Edited to get the reply out of the quote.

Edited by grandpabruce

Did you get this problem fixed http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/121276-cannot-burn-a-dvd-or-make-an-iso-split-from-another-topic/

You never did come back with any response to the questions that were asked.

I tried doing a repair on Roxio and MyDVD. It fixed the "could not find the path issue". I then uninstalled

The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn’t exist (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040207. I also turned this in to Roxio. I have contacted Microsoft online chat and they could not resolve the issue, and I am still waiting for a reply from Roxio.

You don't have to answer each one of us with the same text, we can all see your answers ;)

You seem to be mentioning "Roxio and MyDVD" as though they were 2 separate items??? Since there is a very, very remote possibility they are, please confirm you are running NXT4 standard or Pro -_-

I just want to make sure you are not using 2 different programs.

If you slap together a very simple Project in MyDVD - say a few still pictures, and output it, does it work or throw that error?

I have a more thorough repair in mind but want to make sure we are on the right track first.

You don't have to answer each one of us with the same text, we can all see your answers ;)

You seem to be mentioning "Roxio and MyDVD" as though they were 2 separate items??? Since there is a very, very remote possibility they are, please confirm you are running NXT4 standard or Pro -_-

If you slap together a very simple Project in MyDVD - say a few still pictures, and output it, does it work or throw that error?

I have a more thorough repair in mind but want to make sure we are on the right track first.

I am running Creator NXT Pro 4. I created a project with 3 pictures, and added a color panel. No transitions or any other additions. In Video Wave I selected output for playback on DVD, MP2. I then select the DVD button and it renders the file. when I close this out and go to MYDVD and import the file it works file. I can select the menu and add the file. If I try to create an ISO file, or select the edit menu button it crashes. I do not get a preview if I select that button. It starts but no menu screen pops up.

I did what you suggested and still have the same issue. I can output the file for DVD playback and MP2 output. When I go to MYDVD selecting the edit button causes it to crash and still no preview.

Great, thanks! Got a much better picture of what you are doing and how ;)

We agree it shouldn't be doing that! I think a more through method of repair is needed in this case.

Print or write down these steps and follow them exactly:

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc. (if download, just run the install)

Don't do any updates for now - want to get it running first!

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I hope that will do it for you. Keep us updated.

We agree it shouldn't be doing that! I think a more through method of repair is needed in this case.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Should I also remove the Paintshop Pro, Aftershock 2, HDR Express, and Music and speech cleaner? They are all working fine, but since they were all bundled together I wanted to check before I do an install. There were a lot of files that the initial uninstall from Roxio did not

remove. I deleted them.

Edited by myarusinsky

Yesterday my optical reader stopped working. Dell verified not only the reader but my hard drive was going bad. This may or may not be part of the Roxio

problem, but I will hold off posts until the hardware arrives.

Yesterday my optical reader stopped working. Dell verified not only the reader but my hard drive was going bad. This may or may not be part of the Roxio

problem, but I will hold off posts until the hardware arrives.

You don't have to answer each one of us with the same text, we can all see your answers.

I replaced the hard drive and the optical reader yesterday. After the Optical reader stopped working I ran the Dell diagnostic and Dell said the hard drive was about to go bad. It was the reason for the optical drive issue. These two issues probably caused the Roxio problem. I created a hour long DVD yesterday that I played on my TV DVD. Pictures, movies, and sound quality was outstanding. I am now back to working with the easy to use Roxio again. Thanks for your help and direction on this issue.

Mike

Thanks for the feedback on the problem.

Great to here you got it all worked out Mike!

Thanks for the feed back Mike. It's rare that we get to hear back from those that

had a problem and then got it fixed. Keep the DVD's hum'n.