Sign in to follow this  
walker

tranfering mp3 files to disk so will play on car CD player

Question

I have mp3 files on my computer that I listen to all the time, but when I try to transfer them to a CD to be played in my car CD player, it does not change them to .wav. I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Should I use Audio Central or should I use Creator Classic? Or do I have to change the file type before I burn them to a CDR?

2 answers to this question

I have mp3 files on my computer that I listen to all the time, but when I try to transfer them to a CD to be played in my car CD player, it does not change them to .wav. I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Should I use Audio Central or should I use Creator Classic? Or do I have to change the file type before I burn them to a CDR?

Using Creator Classic, you should choose Audio CD and import those mp3's into your project and burn. It should work. Make sure you're not making an mp3 disc. Your final cd will not show them as wave files but cda files which is what you want. Unless your player can play an mp3 disc, you'll need to burn this as an audio cd.

You should also be able to do this with v6 as well.

Thanks! That did it!