For starters, I went through all the troubleshooting in the forum before posting, though its possible i did miss something.
1. installed the program
2. plugged in usb and let the drivers install ( see attachments)
3. hooked up rca cabled per the instructions to the out video/audio out.
4. played video - able to get audio but no video signal.
5. switched out vcr and then to dvd - still no video but gets audio.
6. swapped out rca cables for brand new ones. Still no video.
7. ran repair, ran through all steps again no video signal.
8. this is the 2nd time ive run through the steps, ive since thought the capture device was bad, returned and got a new package with a new capture device. Issue still persists.
USB devices are 2.0 - win 7 with plenty of space and memory.