DAH

Burn/disc Problems - Split

Question

I have windows 8 and am also having trouble burning to disk...

when I select Burn disc a screen pops up that says how do you want to use disc? Options are: 1- Like USB flash drive or 2-with a CD/DVD. I selected Like USB drive and then it does go to preparing to format and adjust trim points then screen says "problem writing to disc"

When I import edited videos from Roxio to my computer, playback only plays audio. When I open a video from Roxio on my computer it says "Can't play. Item is in format we don't support. Please choose something else."

Discovered I can open edited videos from Roxio in Windows Media Player but I don't know how to save it to send in an email or to dropbox

Also tried to import edited videos into Movie Maker after transferring to computer but when I open video, I only get audio portion

One more note: When I open videos on computer it takes me to Xbox. I can click on videos but when I open I get "can't play (see above)"

Please make this easy. Computers baffle me! Thanks for your help!

10 answers to this question

The problems you have are in no way related to the Topic you butted into...

I have windows 8 and am also having trouble burning to disk...

when I select Burn disc a screen pops up that says how do you want to use disc? Options are: 1- Like USB flash drive or 2-with a CD/DVD. I selected Like USB drive and then it does go to preparing to format and adjust trim points then screen says "problem writing to disc"

That is a Windows Message and has nothing to do with any Roxio Product. Windows throws it out whenever a blank disc is inserted into a burner drive. Cancel it and pay no attention to it.

When I import edited videos from Roxio to my computer, playback only plays audio. When I open a video from Roxio on my computer it says "Can't play. Item is in format we don't support. Please choose something else."

Discovered I can open edited videos from Roxio in Windows Media Player but I don't know how to save it to send in an email or to dropbox

Also tried to import edited videos into Movie Maker after transferring to computer but when I open video, I only get audio portion

One more note: When I open videos on computer it takes me to Xbox. I can click on videos but when I open I get "can't play (see above)"

Please make this easy. Computers baffle me! Thanks for your help!

You posted a lot of different things there that are loosely related...

Rather than address them I am going to need some more information from you.

You posted in the EVD Forum however V2D has never been compatible with Win 8 :huh: There is a list HERE

I need to know which Roxio Suite you have and what Program Within that suite you are using? (Help - About should tell you)

With that, I also need to know, step by step, what you are doing. Skip the problem for now this info may be enough to address them ;)

I'm using Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus. Not sure where to look for Program within suite you asked for.

Open Roxio

click record, edit and save

play video from VHS player

record and edit video,

click white arrow in blue box

click computer

click export

adjust trim points box opens

processing video box opens and downloads

box opens says your project completed successfully

If I open option location - it takes me to a window that lists the videos, when I click on a video, Xbox videowindow opens but states "can't play. Item is in format we don't support. Please choose something else."

VHS2DVD 3 creates a video file with the extension mpg. What program have you set to be used for playing mpg videos? It looks like you have it set for a Xbox player.

Can you play the created video with Windows Movie player?

What is your default video player?

Xbox player must have been the default player as I didn't set it. I'm trying to find that info now

Yes I can play on Windows Music Player.

Right click on the video file and then click on Properties. What does it show as the default player?

I did not play in Win 8 too long... Looking at Win 10 I do see an 'Xbox app' but it does not appear to be a Player :huh:

Windows Media Player is still present and plays many file extensions. Try that, as Walt suggests, and see what happens.

I'd really like to be able to email some of these short videos to family but can't seem to do that in Windows Media Player....any ideas? I can however burn a disc no problem. That may be my only option Thanks for your help with this.

Google "email in Windows Media Player" (without the quotes).