Sign in to follow this  
mac8

24 Bit Not Supported

Question

Hi All,

Recently I have been purchasing Hi-Def files from Pono and a few other places. I just purchased the new remastered David Bowie - "The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (2012 Remastered Version)" and it is 24 bit with a 192000 sample rate. I see Roxio NXT 3 doesn't support 24 bit. Does anyone know if NXT 4 supports it? For now I have been using Goldwave to convert to 16 bit. BTW, I want to burn these files to disc for my vehicle's 5 disc carousel.

3 answers to this question

Roxio never has supported 24 bit.

I would try the free ImgBurn listed in my signature, make a image file from your disc's with ImgBurn then burn that image to disc and try it in your vehicle's player.

thanks cdanteek, I don't have "any" problem converting them to 16 bit with "Goldwave" as I wrote in my original query. Just wondering if Roxio did/does support 24 bit, if they don't I would think it's about time they step it up.

I want to burn these files to disc for my vehicle's 5 disc carousel.

If your auto CD Player will play 24 bit I would try what I suggested with ImgBurn instead of converting them to 16 bit with "Goldwave"!