fc227

Locking Up And Video Capture

Question

Greetings all,

I have NXT3 on my Laptop Dell 1524, Dual core, win7 64bit, 3gig Memory.

When I plug in my camcorder (1394 fire wire) it starts to load. I get the rolling circle and then the rolling circle stops and the systems hangs (frozen). I have to hold the power button down to shut the laptop off. I did try the “repair” part of reinstall. But no help.

Any idea’s, Thank you for your help

God Speed, Fred

7 answers to this question

I'll look for the requirements for NXT 3 but I think that you are trying to win a GrandPrix with a Smart car !

Requirements for NXT 3.

Edited by sknis

I don't think NXT 3 can be used to capture video via a Firewire connection. I don't even know if W7 has any Firewire drivers installed.

Do a google search on "Firewire in Win 7" and you will get millions of hits from people having the problem

"For video capture: OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire card for use with DV cameras or Roxio Video Capture USB for analog sources"

That's what I am using . What am I missing on Min requirements ?

"For video capture: OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire card for use with DV cameras or Roxio Video Capture USB for analog sources"

That's what I am using . What am I missing on Min requirements ?

Sorry I m issed that. If you do the google search you will see that Win 7 does not seem to have the correct drivers

Got it to work . Set the Video settings from 32 bit to 16 bit , now it works. Now to figure out why it doesn't like 32bit.