2 replies to this topic

#1 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Does Creator NXT 3 have a software you can use to play movies that have already been downloaded to my computer?

Last year, I upgraded my Roxio Creator 2010 to Creator NXT 3. I have it in my Windows 8.1 laptop. It is working fine with what I usually use it for, which is retouching and refurbishing old photos.

I recently decided to watch some home videos that I have saved in my computer, but I can't find the software I used to use for that when I had either Easy Media creator 9 Suite, or maybe Creator 2010 (don't remember for sure which one had it)  It was something called Cine Play which was part of Roxio Media Experience.

I checked all the Roxio apps that where created when I installed this NXT version, but can't not find such a thing. I also looked in "Search" and in Google, and all I can find is some Cine Player that is some kind of decoder that you can buy separately. I am not sure if that is the same thing.

Can someone tell me if NXT 3 have this software or something else that I can use just to watch the home movies I save to my computer? I am fine with DVD's, and Windows Media Player will play most of them, but I really like the platform of the Roxio player. Besides, I am not sure If I will be able to use WMP when I upgrade my computer to Windows 10.

Thank you,

I have Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 8.1, IE 11, Webroot AV.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

WINDVD only play non copy protected DVD's.

Is was part of the content disc did you install it?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 Rosey

Rosey

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

Hi Cdanteek,

I did an automatic install where every thing gets downloaded, opposed to a custom one, but I don't see this WinDVD any where in my computer. So it seems that I did not get it..

Attached is a screenshot of the files I got after install.

I must say, that I have reinstalled the software after some computer place uninstalled and reinstalled my Windows, and left me with a clean hard drive. I have a Roxio disc, that I got when I bought the software last year, but I had saved my downloads, and that is what I used instead. I can't tell you for sure, but I don't think I had this WinDVD before either.

I checked 'Search" again, and I see there a number of these WinDVD in there, but I have no idea which one is the one that will play my DVD's and work with Windows 8.1, or even if I should try any of them. I hope you can give some advice. If it is supposed to come with my download, would there be some way to still get it?

I also found today that my Windows Media Player is not playing my home videos either, as I thought it would. It plays the movies I have downloaded in my computer, but it wont play my DVD's.

Attached File  Roxio.jpg   62.18KB   0 downloads

Thank you,

Edited by Rosey, 30 January 2016 - 10:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users