tedmcginn

Mydvd And Home Network

Question

I upgraded to Roxio NXT pro4 from 2010, and the MYDVD does not access my home network to add videos to the project for burning a disc.

I need to build project with video wave then burn with my dvd. this is very time consuming.

Prior versions would access files thru my network using my dvd.

Am I missing something? is there a way to set up the program to add files from another computer?

4 answers to this question

I upgraded to Roxio NXT pro4 from 2010, and the MYDVD does not access my home network to add videos to the project for burning a disc.

I need to build project with video wave then burn with my dvd. this is very time consuming.

Prior versions would access files thru my network using my dvd.

Am I missing something? is there a way to set up the program to add files from another computer?

Do you get any error messages ,etc? Not much info in your post.

WiFi home network or hard wired? Why not copy the files from the other computer to your working computer, especially if you are burning a DVD.

I would never try to do a project across a network.

Just did a very quick test in myDVD using video clips on another computer on my WiFi home network and I have no problem accessing clips and previewing the project. There is no special setup that I had to do.

Edited by myguggi

no there are no error messages.

I have Verizon wifi with my dsl service at home. my laptop and desktop are networked thru it wirelessly, with file sharing.

Since the video files are large it takes upwards to an hour to copy.

I tried connecting the 2 computers directly together thru the Ethernet ports, but they seem to default to the wireless

I couldn't get them to work that way

I'm not very computer savy, just enough to follow instructions

The Roxio My DVD does not see the network. It does see the backup drive for my desktop.

Video wave sees the network. I can create a movie that way but it doesn't burn directly to a disc (or I cant seen a way to do it from there) have to then burn with my dvd.

that process takes as long as copying then burning. Just trying to streamline, without going back to a prior version.

I can burn from my laptop, but my desktop has mpore power and more efficient.

If it takes an hour to copy from one computer to the other then it will never work reliably when trying to burn the DVD across the network.

Are you doing any editing or do you want to burn directly to DVD?

How large are these video files, how long in time, in what format?

Your best option is to get the source files to your burning computer. You could copy from laptop to a USB stick and then from USB to desktop.