Amy Shatzen

Animated Objects

Question

Similar to creating text effects that fly/fade in and out of a panel in Videowave, can I incorporate other types of objects to fly/fade in and out? Such as graphics or photos?

18 answers to this question

Yes, if you are working in VideoWave, add the graphic or photo as an Overlay and then go to the Settings Panel, click the third tab (Motion) and choose a Start Path and an End Path for your overlay.

Edited by karri

Thank you Karri. Pardon me for asking such a newbie question, but how do I add something to the overlay track? I only know to choose from the pre-made overlays that NXT3 comes with. The answer to this question will also help me with my colored backgrounds issue on the other thread - two birds with one stone!

Hi Amy, click on Add Photo Video and browse for your image/video and click Open and then click Insert as Overlay > OK and your image or video will be added to the Overlay Track. From there Click on Show Settings and then on the third tab in that panel (it's a red dot labeled Motion). Select a Start and End path; experiment with the different Paths to get one you like. Don't worry about newbie questions. We all started there :)

Thank you both so much for your help! I experimented with this feature last night and ran into an issue. I tried to create a screen with three overlays. I put a background on the main panel and then imported three photos to "fly" in from different parts of the screen. I staggered them so that each photo flies in about a second after the previous one. This worked great if I also staggered the ending times - meaning each photo disappeared before the next one flew in. But that's not what I want. I want all three photos to remain on the screen. The odd thing is that when I extended the ending time so that all three photos remained on the screen for the duration of the panel, then only the first photo would appear. The second two photos never flew in. What am I doing wrong?

Did you put each "overlay" photo on its own overlay track? You can have more then one overlay tracks.

It might help if you would post a picture or two of your Project. Info HERE

Include details of settings and pics of your Overlays plus anything kari might as for ;)

• Like 1

Is there any kind of effect where I can rotate a photo and have it move at the same time? For instance, can I have a photo fly in crooked and then straighten itself out?

Just checking all the bases ... have you tried out all the variations in the Motion > "Fly" menu? (Choose Fly then click the drop down arrow. There are several that spiral, spin, etc in.

There is a Crazy Spin effect in Effect Selector > Video Effects > Crazy Spin. You will have to set keyframes for that one.

Let us know if any of that helps.

From what I saw, the "fly" choices move picture is circles, but don't rotate it. The crazy spin effect is cute, but not exactly what I want. By the way, I've found that if I put a video effect into an internal track, it does nothing. It only works if I add it externally (to the production). Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?

Fly > Spin will rotate in.

Might try the Skew Rotate Transition?

Crazy spin has limited keyframing available.

Unfortunately, you are fairly limited to the preset effects in VideoWave. Some of the Effects have limited keyframing ability, but they dropped the finer controls several versions ago.

I can't duplicate your trouble with the Internal Editor. Which Effect is causing the issue?

You are pretty much limited to the presets in VideoWave. Many of the Effects are keyframeable, but I'm not aware of one that would do what you want other than Crazy Spin. Unfortunately that one seems to put a still copy of your rotating image under the rotating image, and I don't think that's what you want.

Corel also offers a more advanced featured video editor. That is something you might want to look into to be able to have finer control over your images and clips.

I actually did get a copy of Corel VisualStudio a while ago. It has some really great Text animation effects, but I actually liked the Transition effects in NXT better. I also found VisualStudio to be quite clunky and cumbersome to use. Honestly, I just didn't have the patience to learn it. Maybe someday... . For now, I can live without a rotating photo. Thanks anyway!

Nothing wrong with mix & match :D

You could add what you like in VisualStudio and output to a file.

Import that into VideoWave, split it and add the effect you like then output/burn there!

Or go the other way ;)