1 reply to this topic

#1 cÚcil

cÚcil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:41 AM

Hello,

This may just be another problem of compatibility with Windows XP, but I'm not sure...

I've downloaded the soft, for which I needed an extra .dll.  (I've also got the message that I needed a Codec indeo, but I ignored and passed through).

It seems to work fine, I can look at my DV from a Canon video / camera plugged in.  But when I'm asking to capture, it stops and says:

"Error in defining the filename for capture. Class (or category) is not registered."  :)

Any idea what happens?

Thanks

CÚcil

#2 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

View PostcÚcil, on Nov 10 2006, 03:41 AM, said:

Hello,

This may just be another problem of compatibility with Windows XP, but I'm not sure...

CÚcil

It's a problem of compatibility with WinXP.

You can probably capture with the free program Windows Movie Maker which is included in XP.

If your camcorder and computer have the capability to use an IEEE 1394 (firewire) to transfer the video, use that to capture the video.

Windows Movie Maker has limited ability to make productions, and it won't burn DVDS.   So check out the specifications for the newer Roxio Easy Media Creator versions and get the one that will run on your computer.  You'll need a Pentium 4 or higher processor to encode to a DVD.
ml

flying squirrel......"It's more of a gliding thing....."

Intel« CoreÖ2 Duo 2.2 Ghz desktop processor E4500;
3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD▒RW/CD-RW drive;
500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
Windows Vista Home Premium ,
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI
Multiformat media reader,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports,
PCI card with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 IEEE 1394 ports,
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users