JeffKan1

"setup Was Interrupted" Problem During Installation

Question

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the LogFile upfront!

Seems to be from the FlexNet error which means that it was not connected to the Internet OR Roxio's Server was down???

Make sure you are connected and try again.

Let us know ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply Jim!

I'm certain that I was connected to the internet, because I was surfing and googling on the problem as I was trying the install a 2nd and 3rd time.

Maybe a thought: what would make the install "think" that I wasn't connected to the internet? Other than Roxio's server was down... I don't have any anti-virus running, I do have the anti-malware CCleaner running, a CCleaner Monitor icon is in the system tray.

I'm running the 4th install attempt (3 yesterday) now... yes, same result.

Thanks!

Only thing in the Roxio Database is to check for Windows Updates, do them, reboot and start again... My confidence level in that one is about 2% :D But it doesn't hurt to try it.

You did not mention what Windows you are running? Not sure it matters but curious. Side note: I would turn off ccleaner. Never seen a Reg Cleaner that did anything good (stopped using them in win 95) ;)

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...
(Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!)

Make sure you unplug your Roxio Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known file types" turned OFF (Control Panel - Folder Options - View tab)

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure nothing is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

ProductName = Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3

Property(S): GOOGLETOOLBARUSEROK = 1

Property(S): ProductVersion = 3.0.160

Property(S): RX_DMSD_DESC = Roxio MyDVD Project

Property(S): RX_DMSM_DESC = Roxio Media Production

Property(S): RX_DX_NEEDS_UPDATE = You need to update your version of DirectX to version 9.0c. Please update your version of DirectX from the Microsoft website or by running Windows Update from the Start menu before trying to run Roxio Easy Media Creator.

Property(S): RX_DX_NOT_FOUND = You may need to update your version of DirectX to version 9.0c. Please update your version of DirectX from the Microsoft website or by running Windows Update from the Start menu before trying to run Roxio Easy Media Creator.

Keep a eye out for extras like Bing Tool Bar when downloading or installing and uncheck those extras!

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) Microsoft DirectX 9.0c Web Installer 9.29.1974

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109