Sign in to follow this  
JTCollins

Dvd Menu Set In Stone?

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to edit the DVD menu(Warp) that I've selected, like the buttons, change the font, etc., but I cannot get to the DVD Menu page or edit page. Is there one?

This is driving me nuts. iDVD no longer works and this is the next best thing, well, only thing, for me now and I'd like to utilize it to the fullest. I want to drag window button here or there, etc.

Is this possible with Toast Titanium? I tried looking at the "manual" and, ugh....I need this to be simple. Of course, I could be missing something that is staring me right in the face.

Thanks!

Jason

3 answers to this question

I'm not familiar with Warp, but I am a longtime user of iDVD and Toast Titanium. I'm currently using iDVD 6.0.3, Toast Titanium 11.0.4, and the El Capitan Browser. I've had no problems except for occasional issues getting Toast to recognize certain blank discs. As far as using Toast to create menus, forget about doing anything creative. The menus are extremely limited, and don't even allow for naming chapters.

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with Warp, but I am a longtime user of iDVD and Toast Titanium. I'm currently using iDVD 6.0.3, Toast Titanium 11.0.4, and the El Capitan Browser. I've had no problems except for occasional issues getting Toast to recognize certain blank discs. As far as using Toast to create menus, forget about doing anything creative. The menus are extremely limited, and don't even allow for naming chapters.

I agree Toast menus are limited BUT unless I am missing something iDVD is incapable of allowing clips to run without annoyingly returning to the Menu after each clip finishes. As fabulous as the menus look do you really want to see it every time a short video ends and have to manually move onto the next clip ??Please tell me there is a fix !!!!!!

... unless I am missing something iDVD is incapable of allowing clips to run without annoyingly returning to the Menu after each clip finishes. As fabulous as the menus look do you really want to see it every time a short video ends and have to manually move onto the next clip? Please tell me there is a fix!

in iDVD you could make a an extra movie clip, containing all of the other clips, as a “play all”-option. This would obviously double the space requirement, but it would give what you want.

Alternatively, you could change the DVD behavior of a VIDEO_TS folder using a third party app called MyDVDEdit. Pretty low level, and easy to mess things up, but it does open up possibilities. E.g. you could make a disc go from the end of clip 1 to the start of clip 2, without going to the menu, by changing some “post commands”.