Question

Hello Roxio Community. I was wondering if there was a way to record my voice with the game that I am recording. I have the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. Previously, I have been using Audacity to record my voice because I couldn't get both my voice and the game to record together. This is annoying though because I have to go and edit the voice from Audacity into the video and it is hard to get the voice perfectly on point with the video. So my question here is is it possible to record them both together through the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro from some setting that I can not see. Thank you!

16 answers to this question

I believe you'll find some solutions on Youtube if you search there. The issue, though, is that you have to have your voice mixed into the audio going into the Game Capture device in order to have it recorded at the same time. If there's a way to tell your game console to send your voice out to your TV, that would work.

If not, and you're using an HDMI cable, things get difficult to be able to mix in the audio from your microphone. (Not impossible, but you'll need more hardware.)

If you're using the Component video and the RCA audio inputs, then you could grab the signal from your mic, and with a small mixer, mix the audio out from your game console and your mic together, and feed that into the Game Capture HD Pro. Something like this (link) would work.

So, this guy does it with some extra hardware...

This guy has it set up... I haven't watched the whole thing:

I don't have an XBox of any sort, so I can't give you any first person experience. But it seems like one of those three pages of videos you watched should have come up with something? Nothing?

That first 12:00 minute video is cool and he has a nice setup there but, it still uses audacity, I want to eliminate audacity and just have my voice and the game recorded from Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. I was thinking since you get both game and chat volume from the controller now a days with the stereo headset adapters, I could just use his Y-Splitter Idea and add in the game volume from the controller. That would get all my audio in one place but, there is no option on Roxio to change audio input :(

Correct. You need to get that audio mixed into the signal going into the RGC HD Pro. So, how about using an HDMI to component adapter, then you can switch to the component input, and then mix into the audio signal that way.

51JbKYJI6fL.jpg

Well, I have noticed in videos in the passed that it shows a setting in the menu where you could change the audio input to a different input but, when I look in the settings menu, it is not listed there for me. What can I do to make that setting appear?

Well, I have noticed in videos in the passed that it shows a setting in the menu where you could change the audio input to a different input but, when I look in the settings menu, it is not listed there for me. What can I do to make that setting appear?

Would you provide a link to one of the videos that shows a setting in the Game Capture menu where you can change the audio input to a different input.

Alright, here is the video. This video doesn't have anything to do with my problem but either way, it shows the audio input tab in the options menu. It is at 1:22 in the video.

A couple of things to note here....

The RGC shown in that video is not the RGC HD PRO! It is the Standard version and the options are not the same.

ALL the things he shows regarding configuring Sound are in your computer settings and have nothing to do with the RGC Software or Device, What he did will allow you to HEAR different sources but it is ONLY what goes into the RGC Device that is captured.

ALL Audio and Video is done when the signal leaves the RGC device and travels to your PC through the USB cable. DONE! You cannot add anything to it, done.

So you have 2 choices. Add it before it reaches the RGC or record it separately and add it into the recorded file after you are done.

The first one Dave has already outlined...

The second can be done through the built in Windows Sound Recorder:

(free)

post-39730-0-57300400-1455456183_thumb.jpg

Give one or both a try and please let us know how you make out ;)

Alright, I continued to do the audio separate and I guess it isn't so bad after all. One question though. If I get HDMI to component and do it that way, will the option for audio input come up or will it still not be there.

No, NOTHING will change the requirement for all of the Audio to be mixed/added to the RGC Device AT the device.

Two thing you will need there but they are pretty simple ;)

This is what you are after:

post-39730-0-93669100-1455882142_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-83485500-1455882167_thumb.jpg

Pricewise you can do better at Wallmart or shop around a bit. Stick with the converter I pictured (tried the more expensive powered one and it did not work!).

You will need two Y adapters for the Left/Right audio.

• Like 1

OHHHHH. 10 Light bulbs just went off in my head. I see what you are going for here. Really good idea! Thank you for showing me this. This is just what I need! That you for showing me this!

Edited by guinea9111

Your probably too young to remember flash bulbs, Those Press 25's caused temporary blindness :lol::D:lol:

And I am too young to remember flash powder -_-