Question

I have a somewhat similar issue.

I connected my Panasonic DMR-EZ48V (VHS/DVD player) to my computer via the Roxio Video Capture device, using S-Video (as per instructions in the Getting Started Guide).

When I try to record, the video is fine but there is no audio.

Worse than that, the device starts acting like a microphone and plays back (thru my computer speakers) any noise that I make.

And it's VERY noisy !!!

Is there something that I've done wrong ???

(I previously tried the white-yellow-red connection method, but no audio with it either.)

Thanks for any help or direction you can give me.

Bob

3 answers to this question

The S-Video connector does not contain audio. You still need to connect audio from your player to the capture device using the Red/White RCA connectors.

It sounds, as though that you also have your microphone configured to playback through your speakers, and possibly set as the default audio recording device. Go into your recording settings and make sure you at least turn down the "playback" volume of your microphone, and set your Roxio Capture device as your default audio recording source. (Start -> Control Panel -> Sound, then check out the Recording tab. Double click on the devices to be able to set their playback volume.)

The S-Video connector does not contain audio. You still need to connect audio from your player to the capture device using the Red/White RCA connectors.

It sounds, as though that you also have your microphone configured to playback through your speakers, and possibly set as the default audio recording device. Go into your recording settings and make sure you at least turn down the "playback" volume of your microphone, and set your Roxio Capture device as your default audio recording source. (Start -> Control Panel -> Sound, then check out the Recording tab. Double click on the devices to be able to set their playback volume.)

Maybe this was answered somewhere but is it possible to use the GAME CAPTURE HD PRO as a video recorder recording from a HD camera via HDMI and sound from a sound mixer?

Thanks

You can use it to capture the video, but it will only capture the audio that is coming in on the HDMI stream. You could capture your mixer sound separately, (either as a USB input, if your mixer has a USB output, or using your sound chip/card) and then add it as a different sound track to your video in VideoWave in a separate step.