Sign in to follow this  
irishgirl

Sonic Dvd For Photo Story 3 Error

Question

Just bought the sonic DVD so I could transfer my PS3 to a disc and when downloading a message stated I needed DirectX 8 or later to function completely but I have DirectX version 11-2 but it still is doing nothing...any help

4 answers to this question

Just bought the sonic DVD so I could transfer my PS3 to a disc and when downloading a message stated I needed DirectX 8 or later to function completely but I have DirectX version 11-2 but it still is doing nothing...any help

Is PS 3 Windows PhotoStory or a Play Station 3?

Wow, I didn't know that program still existed ! :o

It will work only with XP Home (according to the sales requirements). It is a plug in for Windows PhotoStory 3. Do you have that? It will only burn Slide Shows made via PhotoStory 3.

Where did you get it? Return it, it is very old software and not much good anymore. Ask someone for help in what you should buy.

If you had everything else, then DirectX later than 9 will not be the problem.

Edited by sknis

Thanks digital guru its for the Windows photo story 3 ...not very TECNO minded and am doing a slide show for my parents anniversary anyhow the only way I could save it I was told was by buying the Roxio sonic DVD for photo story but am getting NO WHERE (what a waste of money/time ) my computer is Windows 10(I think vista ) bought it last night and have uninstalled and reinstalled but still no luck Thanks for your help I'll just put it down to a bad decision and not enough research ...

Sorry to hear of your issues.

I suggest that you look at the stand alone version of Corel's FastFlicks. It will take both images and videos. You can upload the video to a site like YouTube or Vimeo or burn the project to a thumb drive. Most recent TV s and DVD players will play from a thumbdrive.

Here is a video for FastFlicks. It talks about editing with Video Studio but you don't need that. You can get the program from Corel's Discovery Center here for $10 US for the next couple of days. You can also add more templates..

It is great for what you need without spending a lot of money. Roxio has/had PhotoShow but that was more expensive and pretty much out of date.

Edited by sknis

I have a question. From where did you purchase that software? It must be at least 10 years old, and why the hell did you buy it to run on Windows 10? YIKES!

Edited by grandpabruce