Adam868

Problem Writing To Disc

Question

I have been using this product for a couple weeks and it worked just fine. I have been moving VHS's to DVD's. All of a sudden now right when I am ready to burn onto the DVD via the software, it starts to burn it and even says "exporting" like it is working, then after a few minutes an error message pops up that says "Problem writing to the disc" and it spits the blank DVD out. I have tried rebooting my laptop a few times, I have tried repairing the program via the uninstall on the control panel, I have tried shutting the program down and restarting, nothing helped. Again, it did work just fine and all of a sudden the program itself works, but does not let me put onto a DVD.

I am using DVD+R with 4.7 GB capacity, and they have worked just fine thus far.

Edited by Adam868

68 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean by formats.

Also, but again it worked many times with an hour and forty min videos

I'm not sure what you mean by formats.

I don't get that either.

You have to try something instead of saying it worked before because it's not working now!

Is this one project you keep trying to burn?

Try another VHS conversion and try that one?

Fit to disc is not a good option do best quality with a hour of video and tell us if it burns?

What is the video format that you start with mpg2, avi, other?

He's doing VHS to DVD.

Doesn't V2D3 Plus only capture and let you import mpeg files?

I know what you mean. I can try another project and see if it works. I just meant that I already did knock it down from 1 hr and 32 mins to like 1 hr and 10 mins and it still didn't work

This is getting so frustrating. So now I put it at 56 minutes, best quality. Still didn't work...

I tried a new project, literally for a test I just put a 2 min video to try and it DID work. But that's just 2 mins...

Edited by Adam868

So now I put it at 56 minutes, best quality. Still didn't work...

Is this from the same 1 hour 40 minute project cut down to 56 minutes?

If so something is wrong with that project file.

Yes, the same project. So are you saying I should try to make a new project file from the same video clips? Like close that one and then open a new project and add the same imported videos ?

Yes, the same project. So are you saying I should try to make a new project file from the same video clips? Like close that one and then open a new project and add the same imported videos ?

Do a completely different VHS, best quality, one hour, please.

Ok here is an answer...

I just tried burning a project that already did successfully burn for me the other day. I tried burning that successful one (the hour and forty min one) onto a new DVD...didn't work. Same error message

Edited by Adam868

I don't want any of those files in your new project to test!

Do you have another VHS to capture sixty minutes best quality and burn it to disc?

I know that I'm just telling you one of my projects that worked fine and burned to a DVD just fine now isn't even working. I can try what you are saying as well.

I know that I'm just telling you one of my projects that worked fine and burned to a DVD just fine now isn't even working. I can try what you are saying as well.

Do you mean,

The burned DVD isn't working?

Or the project files won't burn to DVD?

The project files won't burn to a DVD, even the project files that did burn to a DVD a few days ago. I'm just about done recording new video from VHS to laptop and will then try to burn to DVD

If your new VHS Capture doesn't burn to disc I would do the following.

I think it's time to try Jim Hardin's procedure to cure things!

You will need to do a more through procedure:

Unplug your V2D Capture Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

I would cancel the offer to Check for Updates.

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

If I uninstall it, won't that get rid of all my projects?
Also, it's just a free trial it looks like, am i able to do just a regular uninstall?

By the way, the new video capture did not work either

Edited by Adam868

If I uninstall it, won't that get rid of all my projects

Wait on this so I can find a way if you can save them before you proceeded.

I took a chance and uninstalled it, did all the steps you suggested and re installed it (it did save my projects). I now tried to do the burn and STILL doesn't work

Of course throughout you are still using the same project???

Then it follows if there was something in that project that is a problem, it would continue to produce the same results...

Either way, lets' try it from the Record DVD side of the software. This means you have to capture and let it burn when it stops. (automatic)

This is only a test, so Set the Recording Time to just a minute or two.

The Left one: (mine was at 2 hours here for another test I ran)

post-39730-0-44024800-1457351612_thumb.jpg

Note the Set Recording Duration:

post-39730-0-03568100-1457351926_thumb.jpg

Let us know.

That's awfully fast, I just made coffee and you have conducted that test?

Can you give us details from start to finish rather than 'don't work'?

I simply did what you said. You pop the DVD in and do it the way you mentioned. After a few minutes it pops out and says problem writing to the disc. Every time I do this the disc is blank because it wasn't able to write anything to it

I simply did what you said. You pop the DVD in and do it the way you mentioned. After a few minutes it pops out and says problem writing to the disc. Every time I do this the disc is blank because it wasn't able to write anything to it

Can you post some pictures just like Jim did?

The only picture there would be is the "problem writing to disc". I'm sorry, a close family member just passed so I don't have the time to post the picture. Any help going forward would be appreciated though

It isn't writing and it is doubtful that it will, to that drive in conjunction with your PC...

Replace the drive or from the software, Save As to an mpeg file (a choice under Computer) and use a software that will burn with your combo...

One other choice, with the above file, have someone else with burner install the software and burn the disc for you.

If you need help with any of these choices, let me know and I can post pics of the processes involved -_-