Michael Graubart

Burning Totdk High Capacity Cd-R (800 Mb, 90 Min)

Question

I use Toast 9.0.7 on a Mac with OS 10.8.5. I recently burnt about 87 minutes of music successfully onto a TDK High Capacity CD-R; this was not a matter of overburn or anything like that, but a genuine high-capacity CD-R.

Having run out of the TDK CD-Rs and wanting to make a similar CD, I bought a new batch of TDK CD-Rs, which are described identically to the previous ones, though the jewel-case insert is of a different (darker) colour. This time, Toast tells me that the disk's capacity is 702.8 MB and refuses to record the 87 minutes of music.

Can anyone please throw any light on this and suggest how I can persuade Toast that the CD-R has a capacity of 800 MB?

Apologies for mistyping the title of this post, which should have read 'Burning to TDK High Capacity CD-R (800 MB, 90 min)'

Edited by Michael Graubart

4 answers to this question

TDK sells both 80 minute 700mb and 90 minute 800mb disc's.

My guess is the first batch are 90 minute 800mb disc's.

Thanks, Digital Guru, for this astonishingly quick reply. But not only the jewel-case inlay but the disks themselves are printed with 'TDK CD-R High Capacity 40X 90MIN 800 MB'. Do you think that this printed legend is a mistake, made by TDK?

Thanks, Digital Guru, for this astonishingly quick reply. But not only the jewel-case inlay but the disks themselves are printed with 'TDK CD-R High Capacity 40X 90MIN 800 MB'. Do you think that this printed legend is a mistake, made by TDK?

I'm not a Mac guy so I can't advise what you can use to see the disc size.

On the windows side I use another program like ImgBurn and it will show what the disc is.

Or Windows My Computer that shows disc size.

post-97-0-55730100-1457298124_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-48971600-1457298211_thumb.jpg