• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Poppaguy

Poppaguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

I purchased this software from Staples some months ago, did not get free time to install.

Opened the box for first time today, started the install, loaded the product key as requested.

Double checked for typos and keep getting product not activated.

WTF !

Tried to contact tech support, waiting for a response, I won't hold my breath.

Any help / advise will be appreciated.

I read some of the related posts on the forum, can't seem to find a clear answer.

Poppaguy

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Go back to Staples, it's  something they have to do. Hope it is not too far away.

#3 blk

blk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

I have been reading posts about this same issue dating back to 2012. Its still happing in 2017. I ordered the VHS to DVD 3 Plus from BestBuy.com and can't install the software because it says that Product Is Not Activated when trying to type in the product key on the install screen. Looks like BestBuy did not activate it before the shipped it out. Wow! you would think they would have this down by now. Very frustrating. I guess I'll see if Roxio support will activate it for me, but I have a feeling it will take sometime. I might just have to bite the bullet and run over to best buy when I get some time. This sucks! Come on Roxio and BestBuy! Get your sh** together!

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

I'd go the Best Buy route.

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

I hope you didn't buy from Best Buy after reading the posts. 

They tell Roxio what they want, and negotiate a cheaper price by taking all responsibility for support.

Their contract won't allow Roxio to activate it, so go back to Best Buy and insist on Best Buy fixing it.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#6 blk

blk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

Well, here's an update for everyone interested. I created a ticket with Roxio (corel) and they were able to get me a new product key so I could use it and that worked. I sent them copies of my BestBuy order information so maybe that was enough to allow them to give me a new product key. Anyways, I'm good now. It took them about 24 hours to get the new product key. I'm happy now! :)

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Well that is good to hear and better yet that there is actually a path to resolution :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users